Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Top Advertisment

Collapse

Spec Miata in a photo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Blackbird View Post
    Cars kept coming for a L O N G time.
    True, but drivers were reporting hydroplaning at 40-50mph. Short of a red I don't think there was any stopping that.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by robburgoon View Post
      Oh it gets worse.

      Main event here
      But I like the title of this last video: "Taken out...."

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by robburgoon View Post
        Short of a red I don't think there was any stopping that.
        Right, so why is the red flag not out right after the entire front pack is in the wall?!
        Moti

        Blackbird Fabworx - Quality Performance Fabrication

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Blackbird View Post
          Right, so why is the red flag not out right after the entire front pack is in the wall?!
          It wasn't the whole pack, just a significant percentage of it. Do you really want to punish the drivers that were cautious enough to not wreck? :-D


          Seriously though, officials are very reluctant to issue a red on impulse, short of a rollover or really hard wreck or fire or something.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by robburgoon View Post
            Consider this: the back half of the track was bone dry at the time of the video.

            The deluge spanned from start finish to around Turn 3 or 4. The rest of the track was dry. Freak downpour at the end of the race.
            www.TrackHQ.com

            Comment


            • #21
              Well, on a good note. They were "just" Miata's...


              All kidding aside. That video was painful to watch. That's the worst. Having to sit there and watch car after car, heading right for you. One after the other.
              That's not a Typo, I just can't spell no so well.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by robburgoon View Post
                It wasn't the whole pack, just a significant percentage of it. Do you really want to punish the drivers that were cautious enough to not wreck? :-D


                Seriously though, officials are very reluctant to issue a red on impulse, short of a rollover or really hard wreck or fire or something.
                Sorry, not buying this.
                I haven't been to the track, but it's probably safe to assume there's a flag station within sight of the mayhem.
                If this is indeed the thought process it needs to change, every one of the examples you give as what would be a plausible cause for a Red flag can be put into effect with a minimum of one car involved.
                Sure the risk can be very high for that one driver, but in this situation you're talking about many drivers who are at high risk of injury and have no way to escape.
                IMO, flag station needed to get on the radio as soon as the front pack went into the wall and show Red immediately.
                Moti

                Blackbird Fabworx - Quality Performance Fabrication

                Comment


                • #23
                  Assuming you could see the red flag displayed at Start/Finish The downpour was biblical.
                  www.TrackHQ.com

                  Comment


                  • #24

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by robburgoon View Post
                      I didn't see a flag. Or a flag station. Or anything at all, really. It would have been at that moment I would decide rain racing just isn't for me.

                      'Course, I already knew that based on my first time seeing a slightly wet track, where I had a nice, easy introduction to the realization I have no talent.
                      2001 MR2-Eleven
                      Experience Points: 21
                      Youtube Channel.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by SDSUsnowboards View Post
                        I already knew that based on my first time seeing a slightly wet track, where I had a nice, easy introduction to the realization I have no talent.
                        You mean, countless hours of Forza and Gran Turismo didn't prepare you for a wet track surface?

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Schmoe Money View Post
                          You mean, countless hours of Forza and Gran Turismo didn't prepare you for a wet track surface?

                          No, but my experience with online play has prepared me for spec Miata. Use other cars to assist with turn-in, and if behind someone, use their rear bumper to help slow down.

                          Is that about right?
                          2001 MR2-Eleven
                          Experience Points: 21
                          Youtube Channel.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X