X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waterford Hills Open Track Day April 21 2013

Waterford Hills Raceway Open Track Day #1

April 21 2013

Four times a year Waterford Hills Raceway opens up the track to the general public to enjoy the thrill of running full throttle on a real road course with regular street cars.

Waterford Hills is a 1.5 mile track located in Clarkston, Michigan with elevation changes and challenging corners to provide a thrilling ride for everyone from novice to expert. There are NO SPEED LIMITS on the track! This is the place to see and learn what you and your car can really do!

Waterford Open Track Days are open to all makes and models. Any street car that can pass a simple safety inspection can participate. Convertibles require a roll bar, or factory rollover protection. SUVs are case by case (A high center of gravity and high speed turns usually don't mix!). The only specialty gear you need to run is a Snell 2000 M, K or SA or newer helmet.

New-comers to the Track Day experience are provided detailed instruction on Track Etiquette and safety. Instructors are available at no extra cost to show you how to navigate the track and improve your driving skills. For the intermediate and advanced drivers we limit the number of cars on the track, and group them by time and skill to give you as much open road as possible!

For more information please go to: MotorsportReg.com

Not quite ready for a full out track day? Come out and join us for parade laps during the Lunch and afternoon breaks. You'll have full access to the pits and participants as well as low speed access to the track. Waterford features a great hillside area where you can park and hang out right next to the action! What better place to gather a bunch of performance car enthusiasts than an active race track!

Have additional questions or want more info? Contact us at otd@waterfordhills.com, or visit our forums page. Getting started is easy! Iím not only the Track Day OrganizerÖ Iím a participant!

Last edited by lClutchl; 03-15-2013, 01:32 AM.

First ever post here for sale items are frowned upon . . .
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Richard EVO View Post
      First ever post here for sale items are frowned upon . . .
      Sorry - will remove as soon as I get to a computer.

Comment

Originally posted by lClutchl View Post
        Sorry - will remove as soon as I get to a computer.
        Ignore the Sheriff. Post some in car video from the track. Ive seen pics and it looks like fun. Lots of elevation changes.
        WWW.949RACING.COM
        SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
        But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Comment

Clutchi and I corresponded via email. This one is OK. Let's see some video.
          www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

Really narrow and bumpy. Looks like a lot of fun in a small car like a Lotus, Civic, Miata or maybe S2000. The Mustang in the video looks like a bull in a China shop.
            Reminds me of Hallett. Not for it's shape but the rythym, runoff and roughness
            Last edited by emilio700; 03-15-2013, 11:17 AM.
            WWW.949RACING.COM
            SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
            But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Comment

Originally posted by emilio700 View Post

Really narrow and bumpy. Looks like a lot of fun in a small car like a Lotus, Civic, Miata or maybe S2000. The Mustang in the video looks like a bull in a China shop.
              Reminds me of Hallett. Not for it's shape but the rythym, runoff and roughness
              LOL - That's my video!

100% stock GT500 (including the tires) All tips and criticism are welcome - I'm still fairly new at OTD driving.

BTW - ignore the tire temps at the end of these videos... found out I was taking them too late, so the data is garbage.

Thanks!
              Last edited by lClutchl; 03-15-2013, 01:47 PM.

Comment

And TELL EVERYONE IN WATERFORD HILLS ABOUT TRACKHQ.COM!
                www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

Working...
                X