Billy Johnson In-Car Footage - Koni - Barber Motorsports Park

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billy Johnson In-Car Footage - Koni - Barber Motorsports Park

Check out my in-car footage from Barber Motorsports Park for the Grand Am Koni Challenge Series driving the Valvoline / Roush Racing Ford Mustang FR500C.

We ended up finishing 3rd in the race after having to pit 30 minutes into the race because of a loose wheel. At the pit stop we did a driver & tire change and I drove the last 2 hours of the 2.5hr race. That early pit stop put me at the back of the pack after Jack qualified and was running in a solid top 5.

The video shows many of the passes I made moving through the field making it back to 4th before everyone made their only pit stop cycling me into the lead. With not enough fuel to make it to the end we had to make an additional stop moving me back to 6th. The last few passes of the video showed me moving from 6th up to finish 3rd.

Enjoy:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/B...-Pk_702856.htm

Billy

Keep up the good work. I heard that the Porsche's had an unfair (one of the other mustang teams) advantage but viewing the video it doesn't look that way. Of course i don't know whom was first or second and buy how much.

Comment

Well that was boring. Try unnecessarily sawing at the wheel next time, that makes it more entertaining to watch.

Thanks,

TrackHQ Management
      HP Autowerks 335i - 1st Place @ RTA Las Vegas 2010
      HP Autowerks 335i @ Buttonwillow - 1:59.1
      HP Autowerks 335i @ Laguna Seca
      Buttonwillow dorifto
      Lexus IS-F @ Chuckwalla
      100cc TonyKart @ Adams
      125cc TonyKart Shifter @ Apex

Comment

Originally posted by J. Tyler View Post
        Well that was boring. Try unnecessarily sawing at the wheel next time, that makes it more entertaining to watch.

Thanks,

TrackHQ Management
        If you want unnecessary sawing and action, tune into the History Channel on Mondays:

Comment

Thanks for posting this Billy! I'll be there in a few weeks and have been scouring the net trying to find decent in-car to help learn the track.

-mike
          twitter: updates from the track.
          youtube: in-car videos.

Comment

Great footage, Billy! The passes were so damned clean. Its hard to tell from in-car video how close to the limits of grip the driver is, but by watching the cars you are passing squirm around, its is very obvious that you all are at the absolute limits of grip. I learned a lot just by watching the video. Look like a fun track, to boot! Thanks for posting it.
            2009 Nissan GT-R -- nicely modded

Comment

As usual, great job Billy. Thanks for the video, fun to watch.

Keep on kickin A$$.

Comment

That was 2 years ago. Billy is a substantially more experienced professional race car driver now, with a lot of success since the time of that video.
                The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
                1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
                2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
                2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

File this under "Why didn't I think of that?"

The Allview mirror can be mounted on the right-hand side of of the windshield header bar.
                  www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

Working...
                  X