Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ryan View Post
    pfft... this is real racing... no tin can farting

The whole thing is semi-interesting... but start at 18:00... at 19:30 oli and I go 'wheels to wheels' and by 21:30 i give up because of the 3" of toe-in on the right rear.

btw.. if you watch the whole thing we blow by miata 'racing' at about 17:20
    Did you have a bent tie rod or did something else give? When I went wheel to wheel with Chuck, my RF wheel went 1.5" toe out with no apparent damage to anything. I'm still not sure exactly what gave, but I suspect it was the steering rack. I just turned the tie rod to bring the toe back to normal and the car seems to run fine.
    99 C5 corvette SCCA GT2
    99 Supermiata "Super"

Comment

Originally posted by ryan View Post
      pfft... this is real racing...
      Wow, you were like a couple car lengths from very nearly almost rubbing fenders with that car. Jeepers that was close. You're okay right?

Are you T1 drivers always lifting that much around Buttonwillow? I'm flat out in my Miata. Because that's how I drive. Flat out.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanB View Post
        Wow, you were like a couple car lengths from very nearly almost rubbing fenders with that car. Jeepers that was close. You're okay right?

Are you T1 drivers always lifting that much around Buttonwillow? I'm flat out in my Miata. Because that's how I drive. Flat out.
        Yes, our cars produce 120 hp at idle.
        ~ Jim Tway
        Tway Motorsports
        (714) 528-2150
        #57 Pacific Automotive Recycling Center Corvette

Brought to you by:
        Pacific Automotive Recycling Center
        PA Construction
        American Heritage Performance

Comment

Originally posted by jimt View Post
          Yes, our cars produce 120 hp at idle.
          Big scary corvette machine is fast.

Sometimes I dip my junk in my fuel. I don't think it makes me any faster, but the tingling sensation is nice on hot days.

Comment

Sometimes I dip my junk in my fuel. I don't think it makes me any faster, but the tingling sensation is nice on hot days.
            Don't light a match.
            The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
            1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
            2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
            2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

Big scary corvette machine is fast.

Try shaving your junk before dipping. The pain is exquisite.
              Yer pal,
              Force

Comment

Real men drive Hondas.

Comment

Originally posted by flink View Post
                  Real men drive Hondas.
                  Wow, that was crazy

Comment

Try shaving your junk before dipping. The pain is exquisite.
                    "I assure you it's quite breathtaking."

Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	226464
                    www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

the tire donuts and bent tie rods say otherwise... it just looks far away to you cause you guys are used to everything in miniature... plus in the time it takes you guys to cover 'a couple of car lengths'... we've traveled 200 ft.

Click image for larger version

Name:	macgruber-car.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	226465
                      Last edited by ryan; 07-05-2012, 06:17 PM.

Comment

I think perhaps there is a point of diminishing returns when searching for an "affordable" spec racing class.

As in, 'these mother ****ers treat the cars like they're disposable....because they are'.

Although I guess you really can't get hurt going that slow so what does it matter?

Comment

Working...
                        X