WTB: ls1 or ls6

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robburgoon View Post

Dry or wet sump? If wet, Ls2 factory pan?
    Wet sump on GT2. Dry sump on Spec Corvette.
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Olitho View Post

Wet sump on GT2. Dry sump on Spec Corvette.
      You sure? I thought spec corvette was wet.

Comment

You sure? I thought spec corvette was wet.
        Oops! Turn that around. Too much work today....
        To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Comment

No one can build you a new LS1/6 aluminum block engine. GM doesnít make them anymore and havenít for over a year (I called turnkey today to verify they donít have access to LS1/6 blocks). LS2 and LS3 are still available.

Iíve been searching for a used LS1/6 block for some time now as I have everything I need to build a crate LS6 (with a few longevity upgrades) minus the block. Most of what I have found has been takeouts or otherwise complete used engines. That being said, I havenít been looking very hard.

Rob Ė Iím happy to work with you on a complete batwing LS6 if we can find a block.

Iím guessing SpecCorvette will eventually need to allow the later gen blocks or try to find takeout engines until that becomes too cost prohibitive.

Comment

Wouldn't we need 2 blocks if you need one too?

Comment

Wouldn't we need 2 blocks if you need one too?
              Once I learned I couldn't get a new block, I went with a crate LS3 instead to move the project along. The ls6 is either going to be a backup for me or sold to someone who needs it. A Spec Corvette car seems like a good fit.
              Last edited by Grabbed_Crow_Mobe; 04-09-2019, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jjytgfb61965
                No one can build you a new LS1/6 aluminum block engine. GM doesnít make them anymore and havenít for over a year (I called turnkey today to verify they donít have access to LS1/6 blocks). LS2 and LS3 are still available.
                That is what I was told. Glad you called Turnkey. I thought in my post above that maybe Turnkey was using something non-GM for the LS6 block. Oli thinks they are still building LS6's.

I have a bat wing pan if someone needs. It has a small bit of damage to one of the bolt holes I need to weld and clean up but I just haven't done it. Unless restricted by class rules there is no reason to stick with an LS6. But leaving LS6 /LS2 world means LS3 so drysump on track is needed even without aero and DotR tires.

Comment

Originally posted by fatbillybob View Post

That is what I was told. Glad you called Turnkey. I thought in my post above that maybe Turnkey was using something non-GM for the LS6 block. Oli thinks they are still building LS6's.

I have a bat wing pan if someone needs. It has a small bit of damage to one of the bolt holes I need to weld and clean up but I just haven't done it. Unless restricted by class rules there is no reason to stick with an LS6. But leaving LS6 /LS2 world means LS3 so drysump on track is needed even without aero and DotR tires.
                  Heh, my batwing has one bolt hole knocked out too. I wonder if it's the same hole..

Comment

Working...
                  X