Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Top Advertisment

Collapse

Alfa Romeo Owners of SoCal AROSCHPD Willowsprings Oktoberfest TT/Race October 5-6

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Richard EVO View Post
    I'll be ducking you. If I show up, it will be Sunday, I'll be dressed as W.C. Fields, and I do not authorize any pics of me at any such event to be posted here. In fact, my intent is to stay drunk at home all weekend, watch the F1 race on TV, hope USC's interim football coach can do better than Lane Kiffin, eat some tacos, and laugh at you guys for trying to find me at the track . . . Get a Life!!!
    Well try prolong yours. Skip the tacos and the SC game. No good will come from either. Take a long walk to a beachcities restaurant and make a healthy choice. SC is doomed for a while anyway. In a year you could dress as Jack La Lane for Halloween instead of W.C Fields.

Comment

Originally posted by fatbillybob View Post
      Well try prolong yours. Skip the tacos and the SC game. No good will come from either. Take a long walk to a beachcities restaurant and make a healthy choice. SC is doomed for a while anyway. In a year you could dress as Jack La Lane for Halloween instead of W.C Fields.
      21 cars in race. A good portion are miatas and mr2.

Any last minute entries are welcome.

Comment

No I sold the D962, M3, AE86, Mr2.
        Only have the Grey Crx(that one that gives you hell to pass) and the Yellow one that am trying to sell.

Someone should lend me their car for the race) he he

Originally posted by Slaysman View Post
        Hey Edmond! Don't you have a garage full of race cars? Buy Tony Presto's orange RX7 so that I won't have to work so hard to pass you!
        http://touringcarclub.net/

Comment

What is Alfa Club's car tech policy?
          The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
          1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
          2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
          2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

I'll be ducking you. If I show up, it will be Sunday, I'll be dressed as W.C. Fields, and I do not authorize any pics of me at any such event to be posted here. In fact, my intent is to stay drunk at home all weekend, watch the F1 race on TV, hope USC's interim football coach can do better than Lane Kiffin, eat some tacos, and laugh at you guys for trying to find me at the track . . . Get a Life!!!
            USC has a bye. They play next Thursday night.

Wife and kid will probably drag me to the zoo because they know SC doesn't play.

I think I just blew the motor in the track car so I have nothing better to do.
            Elise
            MR2 Spyder
            Mazda RX7 FD
            Porsche 911E

Comment

What is Alfa Club's car tech policy?
              selftech or one of the alfa tech guys can do it for you. See form on first page at motorsports reg
              Just show up the weather is going to be great

Comment

Well AROSC ran a great event again. Weather was windy but perfect temp. It was cool all day which ment it only seemed like 90* in the cars. Big AROSC sponsored beer bash and BBQ at the end of the day to cap off a great day. I ran heatcycled out DOT tires and got to try getting past a high HP ZR1 on hoo hoos that was newbie driven against my C5ZO6 restricted and ballasted for SCCA T2. Oil would have driven around him in T8 but not me. It was really fun feeling like a miata catching the guy in the turns but getting smoked down both straights. Even with all that ZR1 horsepower I really learned how critical a good launch out of the turns is. Out of T9 for example he would over slow then pedal to the metal. I would keep as much speed as I dared and he would not leave me in the dust until near start finish. I was hoping traffic would give me the advantage but he got through too easily. In fact traffic worked against me instead and like a miata that had lost his pack it was all I could do to reel him in. So by the time I reeled him in I tried to stick my nose in and make him nervous and do the fill his mirrors trick. It didn't shake him so I think I figured out how to get around him where he was weakest. I cooled my tires the best I could to mount one more challenge on the inside of T8/9. I figured being side by side there would freak him out but I could not complete the pass. That was fun.

Comment

Did Richard come out of retirement?
                  Jack Olsen - 1972 Porsche 911
                  What? An awesome video about me and my car
                  My Corner-By-Corner Guide to Willow Springs
                  My Two-Car Garage's Very Own Website

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Olsen View Post
                    Did Richard come out of retirement?
                    No.
                    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
                    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
                    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
                    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

Carl - You missed some fun on Sunday. At lunch, a couple of us got to test drive some Formula Pacific cars that are being developed at Willow Springs. 500 lbs, 130 hp, looks like a kart on steroids. No suspension, about 2" of ground clearance, small wheels & tires, 6 speed push button shifting, power band 11,000 - 14,500 rpm. They are talking about selling these as a sort of spec racer for $15K. Supposed to run in the mid to high 1:20's, also talk of running a school with them and rentals.
                      Terry Watson
                      AROSC Competition Director

Comment

Darn terry! Story of my life...too many times I go fishing and guys say...you should have been here yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                        X