Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best car video I've seen on Youtube in a while

I think I really want an F40 now..

About 2 years ago when I was working in Malibu, I went to have lunch at Malibu Seafood, a restaurant with outdoor dining right on PCH and great ocean views. When I drove up to park, there was a beautiful F40 in the lot. I got my food and went to sit in the outdoor area. There I found the guy who owned the F40. An unassuming guy around 60 years old, and he was in some kind of investment business. We sat together and talked about the F40 and sports cars in general. Apparently, he pretty much drove it all the time. I didn't get a ride in it, or much less drive it, but just being that close to one and meeting the owner was quite an experience.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

wished i had a couple million bucks in disposable income lying around. The cars I would buy...
      Zhong (Evo IX) | Angry Panda Racing

1:53.396 @ BRP CW13 - 11/14/13
      1:47.2xx @ Laguna Seca - 11/28/10
      2:03.026 @ Thill CCW Bypass - 12/20/14
      2:05.100 @ CVR CCW - 1/16/11
      1:58.151 @ CVR CW - 5/5/13
      1:25.56x @ WSIR - 10/13/13
      1:23.128 @ SOW CW - 7/27/14
      1:22.2xx @ SOW CCW - 7/26/14
      1:46.0xx @ ACS Roval - 11/23/14
      1:11.299 @ ACS Infield - 5/18/14

Fastest Limited/Mod Class Evo in Time Attack at WSIR
      2nd Fastest Limited/Mod Class Evo in Time Attack at BRP 13CW

Comment

Originally posted by Richard EVO View Post
        About 2 years ago when I was working in Malibu, I went to have lunch at Malibu Seafood, a restaurant with outdoor dining right on PCH and great ocean views. When I drove up to park, there was a beautiful F40 in the lot. I got my food and went to sit in the outdoor area. There I found the guy who owned the F40. An unassuming guy around 60 years old, and he was in some kind of investment business. We sat together and talked about the F40 and sports cars in general. Apparently, he pretty much drove it all the time. I didn't get a ride in it, or much less drive it, but just being that close to one and meeting the owner was quite an experience.
        first thing I thought of when i read the first line was the scene in The Fast and the Furious with brian and dom.

Comment

Originally posted by howang View Post
          first thing I thought of when i read the first line was the scene in The Fast and the Furious with brian and dom.
          And Richard is....?

Comment

I can't see the link! And I really want to. Can anyone give me a link to copy and paste?

Comment

Ferrari F40 v Ferrari F50. Like You've Never Seen Them Before /CHRIS HARRIS ON CARS - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by bawareca View Post
                And Richard is....?
                Richard is the Narc.
                Do you understand?

Comment

Originally posted by Pure EvoIX View Post
                  wished i had a couple million bucks in disposable income lying around. The cars I would buy...
                  Looks like mileage matters more than a wee bit:

Ferrari F40 For Sale - duPont REGISTRY

Comment

Originally posted by Loose Caboose View Post
                    Looks like mileage matters more than a wee bit:

Ferrari F40 For Sale - duPont REGISTRY
                    There's gotta be something wrong with that. One car has 200 miles on it and the asking price is $6.2 million (!!!). The other has less than 10K miles on it, and the asking price is $620K. So if the asking price of the 200 mile car is correct (which seems presposterous), the depreciation rate is $569.39 per mile driven?????????

1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
                    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
                    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

I watched this video and thought it was awesome! But then remembered he doesn't think miatas are great, and instantly he lost all credibility. In my mind there are only 3 great sports cars and I'll list them in order: 1)Miata 2)F40 3)s2000

Comment

Originally posted by JJ1 View Post
                        In my mind there are only 3 great sports cars and I'll list them in order: 1)Miata 2)F40 3)s2000
                        Really?
                        Jack Olsen - 1972 Porsche 911
                        What? An awesome video about me and my car
                        My Corner-By-Corner Guide to Willow Springs
                        My Two-Car Garage's Very Own Website

Comment

In my mind there are only 3 great sports cars and I'll list them in order: 1)Miata 2)F40 3)s2000
                          That's completely ridiculous . . .

Comment

I watched this video and thought it was awesome! But then remembered he doesn't think miatas are great, and instantly he lost all credibility. In my mind there are only 3 great sports cars and I'll list them in order: 1)Miata 2)F40 3)s2000
                            Two of those arguably are not sports cars
                            2001 MR2-Eleven
                            Experience Points: 21
                            Youtube Channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard EVO View Post
                              There's gotta be something wrong with that. One car has 200 miles on it and the asking price is $6.2 million (!!!). The other has less than 10K miles on it, and the asking price is $620K. So if the asking price of the 200 mile car is correct (which seems presposterous), the depreciation rate is $569.39 per mile driven?????????
                              I think the price would somewhere in the middle for most examples, around $3.5m million, it's just that one is practically brand new while the other is modified beyond the needs of 99% of buyers.

Comment

Working...
                              X