Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THQ Enduro / Dual Sport / Adventure Bike thread

Post pics of your dual sport bike!

After a decade or two away from motorcycles, I just jumped back in. Bought this Saturday. 2013 KTM 690-R. I plan to do mostly rides in the mountains behind the shop but I'll also do some 2-3 day adventures around the western US.
    There are enough regulars here that do dual sport rides that it might be cool to put together a few rides. I'm an intermediate level rider off road. If I have to take a foot off a peg, I'm doing something wrong. Enough fitness to ride all day in heat/cold.

Click image for larger version

Name:	KTM_690_R.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	692.1 KB
ID:	235597
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
    But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Ironically enough, I sold my last motorcycle to buy a Miata.
    www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

I sold my last motorcycle to fund my miata.
      -Anthony
      1991 Miata - Trogdor SuperMiata
      2011 Ram 2500 - all the torque

Comment

I have a 50-50 chance of killing myself sitting on a parked motorcycle. Enough fitness to go grab a cold beer all day long in the heat/cold.
        Moti

Blackbird Fabworx - Quality Performance Fabrication

Comment

Really appreciate the thread drift. No, really.
          WWW.949RACING.COM
          SuperMiata

Comment

This is something I've always wanted to do. I used to ride street bikes but only minimal time in the dirt.
            99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
            '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Comment

Sorry E.
              I'll make an attempt to bring it back by saying the new bike looks cool, congrats!
              Moti

Blackbird Fabworx - Quality Performance Fabrication

Comment

I figure we saw it and saw it and saw it on facebook, so no need to further worship your bike or impending compound fracture here.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDayHookey View Post
                  I figure we saw it and saw it and saw it on facebook, so no need to further worship your bike or impending compound fracture here.
                  I did stop at 4 pics on FB and that required herculean restraint.

My intent in this thread is to maybe draw out the other enduro guys on the forum that may not be connected to me on FB. Maybe organize some off-road rides.
                  WWW.949RACING.COM
                  SuperMiata

Comment

I owned a motorcycle (Yamaha 400 cc street bike) for about 6 months when I was about 20. I took a spill making a left tun on the street, damaged the bike, and scared the crap out of myself. I repaired and sold the bike, and never looked back. Every time I see those motorcyclists splitting lanes on the freeway, I think "you know what your life is worth."
                    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
                    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
                    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
                    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	530-1.jpg
Size:	131.1 KB
ID:	228435Click image for larger version

Name:	950.jpg
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	228436

My two mistresses :-)

Emilio, I have about the same skill level as you, I would be down for traveling down that way for a multi day ride after Nationals.

-tony

Comment

Originally posted by TonyC View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]5784[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5785[/ATTACH]

My two mistresses :-)

Emilio, I have about the same skill level as you, I would be down for traveling down that way for a multi day ride after Nationals.

-tony
                        Nice

A good friend of mine, expert rider, spends most of his free time doing big adventure and DS rides all over North America. Every year he a few friends do a 4 day in the Sierras with a cabin Sept 20-24. I plan on going.
                        He's going to drag me on some shorter rides in socal and central cal in the mean time. We'll have to link up for one or two of those in the next 12 weeks.
                        WWW.949RACING.COM
                        SuperMiata

Comment

Cool to see you with a bike E. We do trail rides in the winter in the IE. It's now hot and EX race season is here, so we typically stick to the Endurocross and MX track now.

Also- No excuses, you have to come to CO and ride the San Juan Mountains with us.
                          Just a guy racing stuff. #GetSickTour
                          FacebookInstagram

Comment

Originally posted by OJR View Post
                            Cool to see you with a bike E. We do trail rides in the winter in the IE. It's now hot and EX race season is here, so we typically stick to the Endurocross and MX track now.

Also- No excuses, you have to come to CO and ride the San Juan Mountains with us.
                            I'd love to ride in CO. I'll have to get a second set of wheels or something. Wouldn't want to do that long hwy grind on the fairly aggressive knobbies that are on it now. They're great in the dirt though.

Any wknd I'm not on the bicycles or racing Miatas, I'll be on the KTM.
                            WWW.949RACING.COM
                            SuperMiata

Comment

Originally posted by emilio700 View Post

Any wknd I'm not on the bicycles or racing Miatas, I'll be on the KTM.
                              Never ?

Comment

Working...
                              X