...ever seen Cranky-Old-Man Gordon?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...ever seen Cranky-Old-Man Gordon?

What is the crankiest you have ever seen Cranky-Old-Man Gordon?

Please tell your story or make one up. A loose association with facts and truth may well be appreciated.

I saw him at Streets of Willow a week ago and he was in rare form....
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

The worst I have seen him is when he jerked off in Oli's helmet , but missed a little and only got half of it in there.

Man, was he cheesed.

Comment

just spewed out my cola all over my desk
      S1 Supermiata - 220whp
      13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
      17 GT350R
      03 Miata Club Sport
      96 NSX
      06 EVO MR
      15 Mini Cooper S
      Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

Hey, this is off to a good start.

What happened to my polling questions?

I need some good polling questions that answer the question Cranky-Old-Man Gordon was so cranky he...?

Comment

Well, there was the student in Aaron's Evo. The student hadn't driven a car before or some such thing, went into the dirt, and then pounded on the gas doing donuts.

There's a picture floating around out there somewhere, but Gordon ate half the infield dirt.

Comment

He was pretty cranky a few years back when he crashed his STI coming out of Turn 3 at Big Willow on the out lap.
            The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
            1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
            2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
            2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

This was a couple years ago at Buttonwillow. I was trying very hard to break 2 minute that day. I caught up to Gordon at Sunset and passed him in one of the session. After that in the paddock, I overheard him complaining to Aaron about that incident. It went something like, "that Manly in the Elise thinks he owns the track out there. I was on a hot lap and he pass me at sunset on the inside and messed up my lap. He can't even wait till i finish that lap." Anyways, I'm so sorry Gordon, I should of came over and said I was sorry that day. But I was getting ready to go out again and forgot about it afterward. I have to thank Oli for giving me this opportunity to apologize. Shake

Comment

He got stuck behind a family sedan on street tires at Buttonwillow this one time....in his turbo miata racecar on slicks... apparently he was doing :57's, and the saloon was doing :59's, which was just fast enough for passing to be outside the envelope of his talent but just slow enough to piss him off immensely....

(It should be noted that the sedan driver only drives Flat Out, and thus allowing Cranky Old Man Gordon to pass was out of the question)
                HP Autowerks 335i - 1st Place @ RTA Las Vegas 2010
                HP Autowerks 335i @ Buttonwillow - 1:59.1
                HP Autowerks 335i @ Laguna Seca
                Buttonwillow dorifto
                Lexus IS-F @ Chuckwalla
                100cc TonyKart @ Adams
                125cc TonyKart Shifter @ Apex

Comment

I think I am in deep sh!t next time Cranky-Old-Man sees me....

Comment

I figured out who he was an introduced myself to him. He gave me a look like "I dont give a fxxx who you are." Later, dude.
                    2009 Nissan GT-R -- nicely modded

Comment

Originally posted by DocNrock View Post
                      I figured out who he was an introduced myself to him. He gave me a look like "I dont give a fxxx who you are." Later, dude.
                      I think I've done that to a few trackHQers. It's tough when either you're time trialing and your car is having issues (Gordon) or your race schedule is packed (me) to accommodate the new guys.

I barely have time to chat with my friends sometimes at the track.

Comment

Originally posted by robburgoon View Post
                        I think I've done that to a few trackHQers. It's tough when either you're time trialing and your car is having issues (Gordon) or your race schedule is packed (me) to accommodate the new guys.

Yeah, that time by the water cooler during a Speed Ventures weekend must have been really stressful.
                        2009 Nissan GT-R -- nicely modded

Comment

Originally posted by DocNrock View Post
                          Next time bring a nice bottle of wine with you and perhaps some cheese for the Saturday evening wine and cheese by the pool at BW Motel 6 Central.

e
                          99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
                          '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Comment

Originally posted by robburgoon View Post
                            You had plenty of time to ridicule me over lunch at the last NASA event.

e
                            99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
                            '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Comment

This place is so full of love I feel a tear coming on... oh wait, I think I am just laughing too much....

Comment

Working...
                              X