Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The hair on his chest must have been fertilized by his brain

When I quit racing I want to be just like James Neal:

(sorry about the lame commercial preceding this video report)
    http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...s_Angeles.html

To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

An LSx engine that blew up? Pretty standard, no?

He is still my hero though.

Comment

How do you blow-up a C5 engine on the freeway? We buzz our motors season after season racing them and they never blow-up, even with the rev limiter up over 7,000 RPM.

Well, at least he finally won one. He won the inaugural CHP I-5 Race to San Diego sponsored by the California Detetion System. He won't beleive the contingencies they have for him at the club house. I wonder how long they will have him sitting in impound before the steward sends him off to his 13/13?

Comment

Originally posted by Olitho View Post
        How do you blow-up a C5 engine on the freeway? We buzz our motors season after season racing them and they never blow-up, even with the rev limiter up over 7,000 RPM.
        From the clip it sounded like he was trying to 'hit 240+mph at the track next weekend' or something, so presumably the thing was modified?

Comment

Originally posted by hakeem View Post
          From the clip it sounded like he was trying to 'hit 240+mph at the track next weekend' or something, so presumably the thing was modified?
          I read something else that said his engine had been modified by some students at UEI, one of those auto mechanics institutes I think.

I also heard that he was planning on hitting 140 at the old Holtville race track that used to be used by SCCA and for drag racing years back. It is an old WWII air strip way east of San Diego. From what I hear car used to only hit about 100 MPH on that track and that doing 240 MPH is unlikely there. But this is all second hand hearsay. What we all know is the guy is an idiot.

Maybe The Sheriff will defend him...?

Comment

I love the stone-cold seriousness of the reporter at the end: "Although he claims to have raced for many years, NASCAR says he has won no major titles."
            HP Autowerks 335i - 1st Place @ RTA Las Vegas 2010
            HP Autowerks 335i @ Buttonwillow - 1:59.1
            HP Autowerks 335i @ Laguna Seca
            Buttonwillow dorifto
            Lexus IS-F @ Chuckwalla
            100cc TonyKart @ Adams
            125cc TonyKart Shifter @ Apex

Comment

Originally posted by J. Tyler View Post
              I love the stone-cold seriousness of the reporter at the end: "Although he claims to have raced for many years, NASCAR says he has won no major titles."
              That's like saying a golfer isn't a golfer unless he wins a major tourney. B.S.

Comment

Ok something is wrong with the POPO's story. Vettes don't all have to have a license plate on the front especially C5 Z06s because of the Corvette panel in the front. If you have a emblem on the front where the license plate goes no plate is required.
                Last edited by Johnny_Se7en; 05-19-2010, 09:57 PM. Reason: After looking at the evidence his vette has no space for a license plate
                If nothing happens and there is no one around why did it not happen?

Comment

Huh?

All Corvettes have that removable panel to fit a plate.

Besides its California law (of which not many of us choose to follow )

Either way, the guys a retard.

Comment

sigh...
                    a hero he could have been if he did managed to escaped from police pursuit!
                    but he is a loser cuz he got caught!!

ive always dreamed abt running away from police, perhaps in "transportor" that kinda senario; ill make sure i dont drive a corvette =p
                    momofoolio Racing - http://momofoolio.webs.com

2nd Gen momofoolio Racing Time Attack S2000 - 07 Laguna Blue

Now Full Time Drift Machine - 93 Silvia 240SX S13 KA24DE"T"

New Drift Project - 98 LS14

W2W Companion - 90 NA6 Miata

Special Thanks: WestEnd Alignment, Rising Star Motors, APR Performance, SportCar Motion, Pit Garage, eXtremeSpeed, PuddyModRacing, Berk Technology & Amsoil

Forever Missed: 04 G35, 04 Miata, 04 BMW 325ci, 02 S2000, 91 & 98 Nissan 240SX

Comment

If your gonna run from the police you gotta do it like Jake Blues, get a lead around a corner and slide off into a corn field and hide while they go blowing by you and then you just go back to where you came from.

Oh, and don;t slow down so they can get your plate
                      Corvette Specialty C6
                      Life is like a race, the best times win!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny_Se7en View Post
                        Ok something is wrong with the POPO's story. Vettes don't all have to have a license plate on the front especially C5 Z06s because of the Corvette panel in the front. If you have a emblem on the front where the license plate goes no plate is required.
                        I wish this were actually true, as every car manufacturer would just stick an emblem on the front bumper and be done with it.

Unfortunately it's not true; CA law requires the front plate.

Comment

Working...
                        X