Netflix: Fastest Car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netflix: Fastest Car

I'm watching this show... It's borderline obnoxious but they do a pretty good job with the storylines. I'm into the third or fourth show and I notice the drag race officials are Northern CA NASA instructors. One specifically, I forget his name, but he's been the HPDE 3 group lead for a while. He has the French accent, I'm sure some of you may know him. Anyway, i was surprised to see they used a real org to officiate this.
    Last edited by iwannarace; 04-10-2018, 09:10 PM.

Do you think everyone threw the second race to rig it?

Comment

TMarc Jones, one of the NASA Instructors and TT folks did some voiceover work for it as well.
      Didn't know there were other NASA folks involved.

Paging Bubba to the white courtesy phone.
      What's going on? When will we see this in Speed News???

Comment

I only heard about it this weekend from Rob. I'll have to look into it.
        www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

It's alright, kinda fun trying to predict who will fail and why/how. Doesn't seem to be terribly made even if it is really thin on car content.

Comment

I'm only going to clarify the name of the show is "Fastest Car" because when I searched for "Faster Car" on Netflix it didn't show up. I had to Google to find the correct name so I could give it a watch.

I only watched the first episode so far but for the most part I thought it was pretty good. I liked the back stories and I didn't feel the show tried to create too much drama - there was some of that but as bad as most other car shows. The ending was anti-clamactic. As a car guy I would like more info on the car builds.
            99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
            '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Comment

^^^ edited og post for correct title... I have the show saved in my brain as Faster Car. I made the same mistake a few times over the weekend as I tried to tell other people about it.

I'm still undecided on the supercar owners. You can't hate on people for being successful, but there's just something consistent about how they portray the supercar owners that makes me want them to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by iwannarace View Post
                ^^^ edited og post for correct title... I have the show saved in my brain as Faster Car. I made the same mistake a few times over the weekend as I tried to tell other people about it.

I'm still undecided on the supercar owners. You can't hate on people for being successful, but there's just something consistent about how they portray the supercar owners that makes me want them to lose.
                Yeah, you gotta figure the producer is doing his best to make them the heel.

Comment

Originally posted by iwannarace View Post

Thread title changed to correct show title.
                  www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

I think it's good. It actually kept my girlfriend entertained versus me watching my typical automotive and racing related content.

She seems to be a bit more understanding about me spending as much time as I do in the garage as I have lately.

If your partner has issues with your "hobby", have them watch this show with you.
                    SuperMiata S2 Class #33

Comment

Sadly, not for me. Tried, couldn't stomach more than 12 minutes worth of the first episode.
                      A bit surprised to see all of the STREET RACING loving folks with something that NASA is involved in.

Comment

- All the females follow the same old terrible "I'm trying to prove girls can play with the boys" premise. The Ferrari woman initially was really interesting, then later in the episode, she said the same stupid thing all the other female drivers said.
                        - Lunchmonkey dude is a douche.
                        - S10 guy is a super douche.
                        - The Ford GT guy response was the best "Well --- good for him"
                        - The Abel Ibarra incident made me legitimately go speechless...
                        - The "Built, Not Bought" is annoying ... how did you get the LS1 -- you bought it, now shutup.
                        - The guy who won had probably the best attitude of the entire show. No real trash talking, car enthusiast, etc.
                        - I eventually started skipping the boring back stories. I would watch the intro to see which cars were competing, then skip to the last ten minutes for the overly edited race day.
                        4.6lbs / whp -- 4lbs / bhp

Comment

Originally posted by Kam View Post
                          -
                          - I eventually started skipping the boring back stories. I would watch the intro to see which cars were competing, then skip to the last ten minutes for the overly edited race day.
                          I started doing that too.

The Abel Ibarra crash... felt sooo bad for the guy. That was such a nice car. If he started a gofundme campaign or something, I bet he would make enough to get that thing back on the road.

Comment

Poor rotary. I wonder if the electric did indeed send way more power to one wheel.

Comment

Working...
                            X