Penske buys Indianapolis Motor Speedway, IndyCar Series

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penske buys Indianapolis Motor Speedway, IndyCar Series

News so big it's in the Associated Press, not the enthusiast press.

https://apnews.com/b89897dd6fb945bb95abb11e7f2a6918

www.TrackHQ.com

I have mixed feelings about this. Penske is well known not to like amateur Motorsports. Like SCCA. Not that I plan on racing there. But for those that live close enough. It will, most likely, be the end.
    That's not a Typo, I just can't spell no so well.

Comment

Originally posted by Gian View Post
      I have mixed feelings about this. Penske is well known not to like amateur Motorsports. Like SCCA. Not that I plan on racing there. But for those that live close enough. It will, most likely, be the end.

That seems like a short-sighted mindset for someone who has been involved in racing as long as he has.
      www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

I raced runoffs there in 2017. SCCA almost got 1000 entrys. Why? Because it was Indy. While it was great to race there and touch the bricks the amateur in field track with a piece of banking is really a joke.

I hope RP changes that for the better but I donot know how. Rovals just are uninspiring add ons to a NASCAR track. I have raced 5 of them and they are all the same. SCCA returns to Indy in a couple years and I bet the entry total will fall to just above average.

Comment

Originally posted by ucfbrett View Post

That seems like a short-sighted mindset for someone who has been involved in racing as long as he has.
          I felt the same way and, who knows. He may have changed his mind. I just know in the mid 90's, when he managed Cal Speedway. He wouldn't budge on letting SCCA use the track. We did corner work, Maned fire/rescue, were ushers in the stands and all for free. Just to get RP to let SCCA use the track. He did use the free workers that SCCA suplied.
          It wasn't till the ISC merger did talks open back up for the uses of the track.
          This is all from memory. So my facts may be a little fuzy. But I did do a lot of volunteer work there for SCCA.
          That's not a Typo, I just can't spell no so well.

Comment

If he goes down that road we buy MCS, JRZ shocks etc.

Comment

Could be a good back up for F1 since Miami talks seem to be stalling with all the elderly ladies showing up in droves to deter F1 Miami from happening.
              SuperMiata S2 Class #33

Comment

Working...
              X