X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geely, owner of Volvo & Lotus buys UMC

Utah Motorsport Complex, formerly Miller Motorsport Complex

https://sportscar365.com/industry/ge...sports-campus/

This is a great track and very nice facility. Glad that they are focused on making it profitable. That means it is likely to stick around.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
    But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Taking bets now, how long will it take until any of us say something to the tune of "I really like this Geely"..
    I'm going with ~10 years.
    Moti

Blackbird Fabworx - Quality Performance Fabrication

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbird View Post
      Taking bets now, how long will it take until any of us say something to the tune of "I really like this Geely"..
      I'm going with ~10 years.
      They'll have to build something pretty cool. At this point, the coolest cars from Chinese OEMs are copies of European cars.
      www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

I was expecting some pretty bad outcomes when Geely purchased Volvo; but, in all fairness, they left product development and marketing to the then current Volvo staff, provided some money, and the brand seems to have benefited. Could well be good news for the Track.

Comment

I wonder if the nest time Runoffs is in the West in maybe 3 years they will run it at UMC?

Comment

Originally posted by fatbillybob View Post
            I wonder if the nest time Runoffs is in the West in maybe 3 years they will run it at UMC?
            UMC is not close for anyone but it is sort of equidistant to a lot of people.
            Last edited by emilio700; 11-07-2018, 10:18 PM.
            WWW.949RACING.COM
            SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
            But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Comment

Originally posted by emilio700 View Post

UMC is not closed for anyone but it is sort of equidistant to a lot of people.
              Well SCCA Runoffs is moving around to iconic tracks around the country trying to get west every about 3 years. They have done Laguna and Sonoma. I don't see ACS or WSIR as Runoffs material. I bet UMC and CoTA will be considered...Ah... "West."

Comment

Working...
              X