• Women-only racing series to debut spring 2019

I'll just leave this here.

https://wseries.com

www.TrackHQ.com

Mmm.... Yeah.
    ​​​​​
    ​​​​​

Comment

I don't get it. Other than sponsorship struggles, there are no current barriers to women in any motorsport. There have been women everywhere, even in F1. If the goal is to have a female "winner" of a lower formula, sure, open it only to women. If the goal is to help women enter motorsports in general, then simply promote racing to young women as a career alternative. A mid or high schooler can start karting for the same costs regardless of gender. That few women are attracted to motorsports becomes the main obstacle. There is no fundamental advantage of one gender over the other in motorsports.

This is stupid. I also think that any real racer, regardless of gender, would rather compete in an open field. Not one limited to either gender. I feel like the only drivers that will get sponsors and compete in W Series are those seeking self promotion more than a legitimate career in the upper echelons of the sport.
      WWW.949RACING.COM
      SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
      But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Comment

Didn't Panoz have a Woman's series? I too don't get the point. I know a few girls in the sport. They are just as competitive as the men. All the good ones that are serious compete in the open classes. I heard that attitude towards them are not always friendly. But I think we all have had that problem as well. In racing, there is never a even playing field. Even in a spec class. Someone always has more time to do testing, more prep, new tires for every session, I could go on. Then there is the whole Biological aspect. If I identify as female. It doesn't make sense to me to have a one gender formula.
        That's not a Typo, I just can't spell no so well.

Comment

If anything, the sponsorship road has gotta be easier for women.

Comment

Are you guys afraid that if W series takes off all the supply of miatas will be taken and you guys will have to race a man's car? ....as beat my manly hairy gold chained adorned chest!

Comment

Originally posted by robburgoon View Post
              That would be my thought as well.
              WWW.949RACING.COM
              SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
              But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Comment

Originally posted by fatbillybob View Post
                Are you guys afraid that if W series takes off all the supply of miatas will be taken and you guys will have to race a man's car?
                OMFG, this wins the internet today.
                www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

In a series open to men and women, I think sponsorship would be more attracted to women drivers. The camera always follows the women wherever they race. Women drivers always attract a greater share of earned media compared with a man with similar finishes. In a field of all women, it's likely a more level playing field in terms of attracting sponsorship.

Now, in terms of series sponsorship, it's not hard to imagine companies that want to be associated with a women's racing series.
                  www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

Originally posted by ucfbrett View Post

Now, in terms of series sponsorship, it's not hard to imagine companies that want to be associated with a women's racing series.
                    Depends on how the people they want to impress would see it I think. Is it really pro-women?

Comment

Depends on how the people they want to impress would see it I think. Is it really pro-women?
                      Fair question, and based on the responses here, maybe not.
                      www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

Working...
                      X