SCCA Runoffs Win!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCCA Runoffs Win!

I have been 100 mph catching up at work after being gone for 2 weeks... Looks like there was no thread regarding this year's event. So I figured I would update the TrackHQ family.

We are the SCCA T4 national champions! Hopefully the race is put up on SCCA.com OnDemand soon.

https://www.scca.com/articles/200285...t4-runoffs-win

Any other TrackHQ people at the Runoffs? I think I saw billybob...

-Oscar Jr.
    Just a guy racing stuff. #GetSickTour
    Facebook Instagram

Congratulations, Oscar!
    www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

good job !!!
      S1 Supermiata - 220whp
      13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
      17 GT350R
      03 Miata Club Sport
      96 NSX
      06 EVO MR
      15 Mini Cooper S
      Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

Excellent! What a well-deserved honor. You earned it.

I look forward to the on-demand video.

Hey, what was the water-bottle incident?
        To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Comment

Originally posted by OJR View Post

-Oscar Jr.
          Yes Oscar, I was there and sort of did qualifying fighting with my newly rebuilt motor. So I went flyfishing. Congrats on your win!!!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by fatbillybob; 10-10-2016, 07:25 PM.

Comment

I was wondering what had happened...saw qualy results but no race results.

The only thing worse than seeing that bottle is vomiting stuff that looks like the contents of that bottle. (trust me on that one, you don't want the t-shirt)

Steve

Comment

Congrats!
              Moti

Blackbird Fabworx - Quality Performance Fabrication

Comment

Originally posted by fatbillybob View Post
                Yes Oscar, I was there and sort of did qualifying fighting with my newly rebuilt motor. So I went flyfishing. Congrats on your win!!!
                What's in the bottle? Oil?

What happened?

Comment

Originally posted by OJR View Post
                  I have been 100 mph catching up at work after being gone for 2 weeks... Looks like there was no thread regarding this year's event. So I figured I would update the TrackHQ family.

We are the SCCA T4 national champions! Hopefully the race is put up on SCCA.com OnDemand soon.

https://www.scca.com/articles/200285...t4-runoffs-win

-Oscar Jr.
                  Congrats, Oscar!

Cal Club had good representation this year.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeColangelo View Post
                    What's in the bottle? Oil?

What happened?
                    My rebuilt motor pukes 3oz oil/lap! But let's not steal Oscar's thunder. Let's hear about Oscar's victory. Was it a hard fought battle or easy cruise to victory according to his battle plan?

Comment

It seems like T4 are such limited prep cars. I think the porsche spec boxster is now allowed in T4. That is a pretty prepared car. Any comments on 1 if the spec box is in T4 and 2 how the spec box will effect the class?

Comment

It seems like T4 are such limited prep cars. I think the porsche spec boxster is now allowed in T4. That is a pretty prepared car. Any comments on 1 if the spec box is in T4 and 2 how the spec box will effect the class?
                        Aren't spec boxsters slow?

Comment

Spec Boxster is allowed in T3. Significantly faster IMO than a T4 NC Miata. Better aero, suspension, and its a Porsche The ones I have played with have been very nice cars. Someone still needs to drive it though... thats where the Miata pilots shine.

Edited because I am a putz and didn't read the gcr before posting.
                          Last edited by markn; 10-12-2016, 11:58 AM.
                          AiM Data and Video systems, Suspension Setup, Race car builds, support, and rentals. At your beck and call.

Mark Nichols
                          Iron Canyon Motorsports
                          http://www.ironcanyonmotorsports.com

Comment

The Spec Boxster is in T3, part of the realignment and "slowing down" of T3.

Comment

Thanks everyone! It was a good week!

Originally posted by Olitho View Post
                              Hey, what was the water-bottle incident?
                              The water bottle incident was not actually with a water bottle, but an ice bag...

The Water Bottle Incident:
                              I had contact with a lapper in a Solstice that ignored blue flags in Turn 4 (China Beach) at the end of the race. He was given blue flags since turn 1. Once I caught him entering 4, he was off line to the outside and braked early. I went inside fully believing he was finally letting the leaders through, as we (Drago and I) were within a second and racing hard... Well, the Solstice cut down suddenly, there was contact, and he buried it in the sand on the outside of 4. While under caution, the driver of the Solstice walked out onto the racing surface and threw his ice bag from inside his race suit at my driver's window.

Then the Solstice driver protested me... Luckily Drago/others helped with witness statements and I was able to keep the championship.
                              Just a guy racing stuff. #GetSickTour
                              Facebook Instagram

Comment

Working...
                              X