Team 949 Racing at 2012 NASA Nationals Mid Ohio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ucfbrett View Post
    What kinds of ambient temperatures have you been seeing?
    85 and damned humid. Cooled off to upper 60's today after the rain and not nearly as humid. Supposed to be about the same mid 60's tomorrow so we reset our base pressures today.

Video is up from todays TT on SpeedcastTV.
    SpeedcastTV

Click the green "Free" button under "2012 NASA Championships Saturday Replay". Advance to minute 252. We're on TV! (sorta)
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
    But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Comment

Originally posted by emilio700 View Post
      If PTE guys are upset that I ask to be let by, then so be it. If you can suggest a more polite way to state my concerns at a drivers meeting and not offend the egos of the other drivers in my group, be my guest man. I just want to race my own race.

Good luck tomorrow.
      I have found what worked for me. Tell them "I'm having a problem with *___*. If you guy could it would really help us all if you guys could *____*".

I've done the same thing and was told the same. That's why I understand. I get singel focused, I know what the probelm is and do whats needed to correct it.
      Some times I bark out orders. Telling people what I need done and later have those people asks me why I'm mad and screemig at them.

Anyways, you've been kicking ass. So keep it up and thenk you. I do need all the luck I can get. Things have been going rough for me. Starting dead last. . Had some really good lap times in the fun run season 1.44:6. Time to turn it up!

On another note. Dam SM ran one of the cleanest races I have ever seen. Those guys were flying!
      That's not a Typo, I just can't spell no so well.

Comment

Originally posted by Gian View Post
        I have found what worked for me. Tell them "I'm having a problem with *___*. If you guy could it would really help us all if you guys could *____*".

I've done the same thing and was told the same. That's why I understand. I get singel focused, I know what the probelm is and do whats needed to correct it.
        Some times I bark out orders. Telling people what I need done and later have those people asks me why I'm mad and screemig at them.

Anyways, you've been kicking ass. So keep it up and thenk you. I do need all the luck I can get. Things have been going rough for me. Starting dead last. . Had some really good lap times in the fun run season 1.44:6. Time to turn it up!

On another note. Dam SM ran one of the cleanest races I have ever seen. Those guys were flying!
        Point taken sir and thanks for the honest insight. Do you have video? If so I might be able to help fine tuning line or something. We are in the paved fenced compound, south side away from front straight. Turn right at first row, black dodge, gray trailer. We're under the giant white canopy. If I don't see you, good luck and go get em.
        Last edited by emilio700; 09-09-2012, 04:48 AM.
        WWW.949RACING.COM
        SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
        But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Comment

Crusher just set a TTC record, by 0.3 second....
          S1 Supermiata - 220whp
          13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
          17 GT350R
          03 Miata Club Sport
          96 NSX
          06 EVO MR
          15 Mini Cooper S
          Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

Smashing records! What was your theoretical best lap? I bet it was within 0.4s. lol. That looked plenty fast. I think you took the first turn ALOT faster than the previous qualification lap on Thursday and was able to control and lessen some of the oversteer in the tighter bits compared to the previous quali lap. Also noticed that on the beginning of the flying hot lap, you were able to shift about 100-150ft sooner at the beginning of the front straight. Probably got you 3-4mph more. You even upshifted to 5th prior to turn in for T1 and didn't have to crazy correct for oversteer. Before you were bouncing on the rev limiter for quite a while and had a oversteer moment mid corner of T1 and cost you some speed there. Yeah, definitely the front straight and T1 is where you shaved most of the time. Great job!!

Slap on another set of brand new sticker tires. Maybe can go another few tenths faster...hehehe.

Good luck on the race!!
            Last edited by Pure EvoIX; 09-09-2012, 11:33 AM.
            Zhong (Evo IX) | Angry Panda Racing

1:53.396 @ BRP CW13 - 11/14/13
            1:47.2xx @ Laguna Seca - 11/28/10
            2:03.026 @ Thill CCW Bypass - 12/20/14
            2:05.100 @ CVR CCW - 1/16/11
            1:58.151 @ CVR CW - 5/5/13
            1:25.56x @ WSIR - 10/13/13
            1:23.128 @ SOW CW - 7/27/14
            1:22.2xx @ SOW CCW - 7/26/14
            1:46.0xx @ ACS Roval - 11/23/14
            1:11.299 @ ACS Infield - 5/18/14

Fastest Limited/Mod Class Evo in Time Attack at WSIR
            2nd Fastest Limited/Mod Class Evo in Time Attack at BRP 13CW

Comment

Originally posted by bellwilliam View Post
              Crusher just set a TTC record, by 0.3 second....
              Just as Emillio predicted. Visions of Babe Ruth pointing his bat to the outfield fence!

Comment

crusher is crushing the field... 1.5 seconds faster.

BID

Comment

Race is on now. See page 1 for live timing link.

Comment

LOL, E just set PTC track record too. He's a full second faster now!

Comment

• E is checking out... fun to hear the announcer "is X seconds behind Cervantes"

BID

Comment

• Awesome job E!

Comment

• let me be the first !!!
                          Woohoo !!!!

S1 Supermiata - 220whp
                          17 GT350R
                          03 Miata Club Sport
                          96 NSX
                          06 EVO MR
                          15 Mini Cooper S
                          Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

• FOR THE WIN!!!!!!

With lap record second to last lap!!

Comment

• Congratulations, Emilio!!!

Not only NASA National PTC champion, but also overall race winner by almost 13 seconds, beating all the PTB cars, which are theoretically faster. He also set the lap record Mid Ohio PTC with 1:36.432 in the next to last lap.

I guess telling the other drivers to stay out of his way in the drivers meeting paid off . . .
                              The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
                              1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
                              2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
                              2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by Neocataboi View Post
                                With lap record second to last lap!!
                                if I were there on the crew radio, I would of been yelling at Emilio to slow down.......

that's exactly what I told him (last week) NOT TO DO.....
                                I said my biggest worry was "when you are leading by a big margin, you do something stupid like trying to set a track record", damn, he never listens....
                                Last edited by bellwilliam; 09-09-2012, 01:19 PM.
                                S1 Supermiata - 220whp
                                17 GT350R
                                03 Miata Club Sport
                                96 NSX
                                06 EVO MR
                                15 Mini Cooper S
                                Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

Working...
                                X