Team 949 Racing at 2012 NASA Nationals Mid Ohio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice Job!!

But showing up 20mins late for the drivers meeting just to tell everyone in the slower classes not to hold you up in the race when your laping them. Kind of screems Douchebaggery.
    Just say'n
    That's not a Typo, I just can't spell no so well.

Comment

Originally posted by Gian View Post
      Very nice Job!!

But showing up 20mins late for the drivers meeting just to tell everyone in the slower classes not to hold you up in the race when your laping them. Kind of screems Douchebaggery.
      Just say'n
      Two minutes by my watch. My crew mistakenly listed the PT meeting as the TT meeting on our pit dry erase board so I went to the tent (TT) instead of driver info (PT).

Someone else brought up racing out of class. I added that PTE Miatas tend to see my orange PTC Miata in their mirror and actively block because they think it's a another PTE
      Miata. I have huge PTC decals on the nose and it's a valid concern so I reminded everyone that I was the only orange Miata and the only one with a big wing. Virtually every race I lap the midfield PTE cars.
      I make it a point not to disrupt any PTE battles as I go by. The drivers meeting is the appropriate place and time to voice all that. How would you handle it differently?

I'll ignore you calling me a douchebag. I don't stoop to the name calling thing so you're on your own there.
      WWW.949RACING.COM
      SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
      But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Comment

I'm just telling you how it came across.
        Yes it had been brought up. Don't take it wrong. I know stuff happens. It's frustating when someone out of class holds you up. But we were just ending the meeting when you showed and that seemed the only reason you showed up. I know you better. Your so into what your doing your just trying to get your point across. But the look on everyones face was "who the hell is this guy".

Comment

I'm just telling you how it came across.
          Yes it had been brought up. Don't take it wrong. I know stuff happens. It's frustating when someone out of class holds you up. But we were just ending the meeting when you showed and that seemed the only reason you showed up. I know you better. Your so into what your doing your just trying to get your point across. But the look on everyones face was "who the hell is this guy".
          I have to guess that the opinions I expressed about your non-compliant engine DQ at Buttonwillow in June have given you a skewed perspective on me.

I was standing quietly at that meeting for at least 10 minutes when some one else brought up racing out of class. He talked back and forth with the race director for a few minutes about it. It was then that I asked the PTE drivers to recognize that my Miata was not in their class.

You see what you want to see and call me a douchebag. I understand.
          WWW.949RACING.COM
          SuperMiata

Comment

lol wow. Alright settle down guys. Aren't we all on the same team. Good luck to the both of you on the final race. Keep out of trouble and drive smart.
            Zhong (Evo IX) | Angry Panda Racing

1:53.396 @ BRP CW13 - 11/14/13
            1:47.2xx @ Laguna Seca - 11/28/10
            2:03.026 @ Thill CCW Bypass - 12/20/14
            2:05.100 @ CVR CCW - 1/16/11
            1:58.151 @ CVR CW - 5/5/13
            1:25.56x @ WSIR - 10/13/13
            1:23.128 @ SOW CW - 7/27/14
            1:22.2xx @ SOW CCW - 7/26/14
            1:46.0xx @ ACS Roval - 11/23/14
            1:11.299 @ ACS Infield - 5/18/14

Fastest Limited/Mod Class Evo in Time Attack at WSIR
            2nd Fastest Limited/Mod Class Evo in Time Attack at BRP 13CW

Comment

Emillio, I'm not calling you names. Just letting you know what I, as well as others saw and heard. I didn't say it first or aloud to anyone. I have nothing against you.

Now kick some ass tomorrow and take home the gold!

Comment

Originally posted by Pure EvoIX View Post
                lol wow. Alright settle down guys. Aren't we all on the same team. Good luck to the both of you on the final race. Keep out of trouble and drive smart.
                thank you, and will do

Comment

Emillio, I'm not calling you names. Just letting you know what I, as well as others saw and heard. I didn't say it first or aloud to anyone. I have nothing against you.

Now kick some ass tomorrow and take home the gold!
                  I take it "douchebaggery" is your humble and unsolicited translation for the voice of PTE?
                  It's a little late to backpedal. Here's a hint, if you don't want to offend someone, maybe don't call them a douchebag on the interweb.

You know what I think screams of douchebaggery? racing out of class. Something I have never seen you do by the way. You have excellent situational awareness. That same can not be said for
                  all of the PTE drivers I have encountered.

If PTE guys are upset that I ask to be let by, then so be it. If you can suggest a more polite way to state my concerns at a drivers meeting and not offend the egos of the other drivers in my group, be my guest man. I just want to race my own race.

Good luck tomorrow.
                  WWW.949RACING.COM
                  SuperMiata

Comment

TT lap

1:37.006 TT lap from today's session #7. Rained hard Friday afternoon and was off and on until about 11am. Track barely dried and lots of good rubber had been washed off the surface.
                    Made a few changes to line, stopped dabbing brakes in T1 and just plain drove harder from T6-T11. So less grip but a .17s improvement.

Jumped into the lead of TTC by .75s with this lap. Two more sessions tomorrow but I think I may have TTC won.
                    TTC record is 1:36.9 so we'll see how the track is Sunday with a a few races worth of rubber laid down.

WWW.949RACING.COM
                    SuperMiata

Comment

Originally posted by emilio700 View Post
                      I take it "douchebaggery" is your humble and unsolicited translation for the voice of PTE?
                      Hhhhhmmmmmm . . . late to the drivers meeting at the Nationals, and then tell everbody to stay out of your way. You have a history of missing drivers meetings. "Douchebaggery" sounds about right. Good luck tomorrow. You won't need it and you will probably win. But a little humility goes a long way.
                      Last edited by Richard EVO; 09-08-2012, 05:25 PM.
                      The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
                      1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
                      2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
                      2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Richard EVO View Post
                        Hhhhhmmmmmm . . . late to the drivers meeting and then tell everbody to stay out of your way. You have a history of missing drivers meetings. "Douchebaggery" sounds about right. Good luck tomorrow. You won't need it and you will probably win. But a little humility goes a long way.
                        Richard, having not been there yourself I'll offer this:

Go F yourself you troglodyte
                        WWW.949RACING.COM
                        SuperMiata

Comment

Hey Emilio, what do you think of Mid Ohio? Does it remind you of our tracks at all?

Comment

Originally posted by emilio700 View Post
                            Richard, having not been there yourself I'll offer this:

Go F yourself you troglodyte
                            You are nothing but a model of consistency . . .

And according to your recent post to Gian on this thread, you don't call anyone names, except that you just called me a "troglodyte" and, just for good measure, told me to go phuck myself. What's up with that?
                            Last edited by Richard EVO; 09-08-2012, 05:32 PM.
                            The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
                            1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
                            2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
                            2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

Originally posted by robburgoon View Post
                              Hey Emilio, what do you think of Mid Ohio? Does it remind you of our tracks at all?
                              Flows really nicely. Great track for Miatas despite the huge main straight. Lots of elevation and camber changes. A few blind crests. Walls and beaches everywhere. Lots of hairy trail braking, sliding and throttle steering required to go fast compared to say Laguna Seca or ACS which are far simpler point and shoot tracks. Definitely not a track for the squeamish. I'd have to say it separates drivers of different ability levels more than most other tracks I've been to. Really fun to drive. Stringing together the braking zone for China beach all the way to the exit of the carousel is one long roller coaster of sliding insanity.

Nothing like any track I've been to in Cali. Closest would definitely be Infineon with it's tortuous and slightly diabolical nature. It's also short. SM is 1:41 here.
                              Worth the trip if you have an additional compelling reason to visit Ohio.
                              WWW.949RACING.COM
                              SuperMiata

Comment

What kinds of ambient temperatures have you been seeing?
                                www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

Working...
                                X