GT350 v. 911S Comparo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT350 v. 911S Comparo

Pretty brief, but this comparison seems to be a pretty good example of diminishing returns to investment.

"You pays your money, you takes your choice"; but, given the incredible difference in price, the GT350 (plus a large retirement fund or college fund contribution) sure seems like the better value proposition. Of course, this begs a more comprehensive C8 corvette GT350 match up.

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/pors...ar-comparison/

Would rather see a GT350 against a Cayman GTS or even GT4. Come to think of it a 6th gen Camaro SS 1LE V8 compared for value against well, anything.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
    But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Comment

The quarter mile time is surprising. I would have thought the Mustang would have been faster, being 'merican and all that.
      QUARTER MILE 12.3 sec @ 117.0 mph 11.2 sec @ 123.8 mph

www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

Paddle shifters advantage. Especially if they didn't "power shift" the Mustang out of respect for the car.

Last edited by Loose Caboose; 10-08-2019, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by emilio700 View Post
            Would rather see a GT350 against a Cayman GTS or even GT4. Come to think of it a 6th gen Camaro SS 1LE V8 compared for value against well, anything.
            For sure, the Camaro would be the real "apple to apple". No doubt . . .

Comment

Originally posted by ucfbrett View Post
              The quarter mile time is surprising. I would have thought the Mustang would have been faster, being 'merican and all that.
              QUARTER MILE 12.3 sec @ 117.0 mph 11.2 sec @ 123.8 mph
              in this case. German is turbo torque monster.... Murica is a peaky flat plane V8....

when I first got the GT350, I was surprised how gutless the car at highway cruising... I often have to down shift on a freeway cruising.
              in my C5z06, freeway cruise at very very low RPM, yet LS6 has all the torque to even make a pass.
              S1 Supermiata - 220whp
              13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
              17 GT350R
              03 Miata Club Sport
              96 NSX
              06 EVO MR
              15 Mini Cooper S
              Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

Working...
              X