A Better (Electric) Mousetrap?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Better (Electric) Mousetrap?

Improved motors (less power fade), 2 speed rear end, and enhanced charging. This thing must be looming larger in Mr. Musk's rear view mirror:

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...rototype-ride/

a couple of reviews (heard in a podcast, the other is someone in the EV battery industry) have already stated Porsche's technology is 5-7 years behind Tesla. In another word, it is even close.
    Taycan gonna be a disappointment (in terms of EV, pretty sure Porsche gonna have great driving dynamic).

I will try to find the source and post it up.
    S1 Supermiata - 220whp
    13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
    17 GT350R
    03 Miata Club Sport
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S
    Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

Thanks.

Very interesting. I wonder if the referenced technology mostly involves autonomous driving technology orif it also includes mechanical dynamics? Anyway, we're sure to find out after the Sept. 4th release date.

Comment

Tesla probably is a very clear leader with respect to energy efficiency, but this preliminary review indicates that the Taycan may prevail with respect to road and track performance. Time will tell . .

https://www.motortrend.com/news/excl...orsche-taycan/

Comment

7:42 on the Nurburgring isn't too shabby either. Still looks porky and electronic in the corners though...

SuperMiata S2 Class #33

Comment

I instinctively turned up my volume to watch this video. Boy was that disappointing. Squealing tires and rumble strip noises aren't too exciting.........

Comment

It's good to see Porsche getting into the e-car game, but like the first-generation Panamera, the car is pretty homely, again mostly in the design at the rear. Blecchhh.
              www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

EV range gonna be anywhere from 220-250 miles (not published yet). Tesla Model S is 345-370 (strange thing is 370 one is cheaper, because 345 one is Performance), Model 3 is 240-310 (240 for their sub $40k model).
                charging rate is also gonna be slower than Tesla (Porsche has since backed down on the charging rate)

what's special about Taycan is the 2 speed transmission, rare in EV world. So it can handle high speed stuff, unlike a Tesla that runs out of steam at ~120mph.

most importantly, Taycan gonna have much better panel gap.
                Last edited by bellwilliam; 08-29-2019, 09:51 AM.
                S1 Supermiata - 220whp
                17 GT350R
                03 Miata Club Sport
                96 NSX
                06 EVO MR
                15 Mini Cooper S
                Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

Two-speed is probably critical for their home market and people that commute on the Autobahn.
                  SuperMiata S2 Class #33

Comment

Originally posted by bellwilliam View Post
                    EV range gonna be anywhere from 220-250 miles (not published yet).
                    I was wrong. official EPA range is 201 miles ...........................
                    https://techcrunch.com/2019/12/11/th...-of-201-miles/

like I said (pretty sure a few here don't believe me), Porsche is very behind in EV tech.

S1 Supermiata - 220whp
                    17 GT350R
                    03 Miata Club Sport
                    96 NSX
                    06 EVO MR
                    15 Mini Cooper S
                    Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

That is going to be a bitter pill to swallow.
                      I'm sure that being the dynamic expert that Porsche is the car will be a great drive (for what it is), but it is double the cost and barely over half the range :/
                      Moti

Blackbird Fabworx - Quality Performance Fabrication

Comment

Working...
                      X