Collapse

WSIR Big Track is a lot faster now.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSIR Big Track is a lot faster now.....

thought I would share some unscientific data on Big Willow:

We just ran SuperMiata S1 races on April 6th. 3 of us went 1.5 to 1.9 second faster than when we were last year in similar weather (~70F in the early morning). All 3 S1 (220whp Miata on RC1) were in low 27s. and that's on 6+ heat cycled tires for all of us. I did my low 27s in traffic (SV's first session are not pre-gridded, so you get a ton of traffic) and an underteering pig (first session, didn't dialed it in), Emilio didn't go out till 2nd session when the weather was warmer and significantly slower.

Not exactly sure how much the so called "repave" helped... But note there was a track day on Friday and there was no wind to bring dust onto the track overnight. So our guess is tracked was well rubbered in, which was helped with the "repave". Weather helped to, but while it was good, it wasn't perfect (sun out on 50F weather would be perfect, especially on a turbo car like ours).

we all agreed a low 26 / high 25 was doable in our cars. our previous record was a high 28s.

by the time we raced (5:30pm), wind was 25mph, 80F weather. Us 3's best race time were all within 4/100th !!!! in the mid 28s. on old tires...10 heat cycles.
    Last edited by bellwilliam; 04-16-2019, 09:47 PM.
    S1 Supermiata - 220whp
    13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
    17 GT350R
    03 Miata Club Sport
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S
    Beck 550 Spyder

It seemed to me to be similar to the "repave" they did on it a few years back. I didn't get out to walk the track when I was there in March, but it looked like a slurry coat of some sort, with heavy tar to fill the seams.

That tar was already coming loose in Turn 2 due to tire abrasion.

If past is prologue, the "repave" won't last too long.
    www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

so go out and set some record before "repave" comes undone and weather gets too warm !!!
      S1 Supermiata - 220whp
      13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
      17 GT350R
      03 Miata Club Sport
      96 NSX
      06 EVO MR
      15 Mini Cooper S
      Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

Working...
      X