330 hp, 4cyl, "Track" Package Mustang

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 330 hp, 4cyl, "Track" Package Mustang

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.JPG Views:	1 Size:	224.2 KB ID:	262007

Seems rather well thought out, and it is nice to see more track-worthy American product. Reminds me also of one of Billy Johnson's early comments about how "a 4 cylinder version could be fun to track" when news of the Mustang IRS first came out. And then there is the MPG angle when taking wifey for a drive.

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/ford...t-look-review/

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...mance-package/
    Last edited by Loose Caboose; 04-15-2019, 04:00 PM.

A factory 2.3-liter four banger with 330 horsepower. That's impressive.
    www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

Because mods are so limited in Scca T3 and T4 I’m considering running one in either or both classes. I think it is a good old drivers car because the car is slower so your body takes less wack when you get hit and cabin is gigantic so you don’t have to contort to get in and out of the car.

Comment

I want one. I love our GT350 but it is really heavy car.
        WWW.949RACING.COM
        SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
        But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Comment

today's 310hp Ecoboost engines are already blowing up on track. what makes you think they can build a more reliable 330hp one....
          S1 Supermiata - 220whp
          13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
          17 GT350R
          03 Miata Club Sport
          96 NSX
          06 EVO MR
          15 Mini Cooper S
          Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

Originally posted by bellwilliam View Post
            today's 310hp Ecoboost engines are already blowing up on track. what makes you think they can build a more reliable 330hp one....
            Unicorn juice, hopes and dreams.
            WWW.949RACING.COM
            SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
            But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Comment

Originally posted by bellwilliam View Post
              Seems like it could be a significantly stronger RS motor, that may have has less stress than the RS version itself, which has 30 more hp. From the article:

This is a unique EcoBoost engine, though it shares its bore and stroke with the 310-hp/350-lb-ft workaday version. The aforementioned new turbo, which produces "more than 20 psi" (up from 18), produces more violent explosions in the cylinder, requiring stronger cylinder head and gasket materials. And the engine will still be made in Valencia. Ford claims that with the 10-speed automatic, it should hit 60 mph in 4.5 seconds (our last EcoBoost fastback needed 5.3) en route to a 155-mph top speed—that's up 10 from the EcoBoost Perf Pack and up 34 mph from the base EcoBoost.

Comment

Originally posted by Loose Caboose View Post

Seems like it could be a significantly stronger RS motor, that may have has less stress than the RS version itself, which has 30 more hp. From the article:

This is a unique EcoBoost engine, though it shares its bore and stroke with the 310-hp/350-lb-ft workaday version. The aforementioned new turbo, which produces "more than 20 psi" (up from 18), produces more violent explosions in the cylinder, requiring stronger cylinder head and gasket materials. And the engine will still be made in Valencia. Ford claims that with the 10-speed automatic, it should hit 60 mph in 4.5 seconds (our last EcoBoost fastback needed 5.3) en route to a 155-mph top speed—that's up 10 from the EcoBoost Perf Pack and up 34 mph from the base EcoBoost.
                are you talking about the RS engine that they can't install a correct head gasket?
                https://jalopnik.com/did-ford-instal...-rs-1821665968
                S1 Supermiata - 220whp
                13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
                17 GT350R
                03 Miata Club Sport
                96 NSX
                06 EVO MR
                15 Mini Cooper S
                Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

William,

Rumor is effects 2016 and 2017 only. Problem is supposed to be wrong head gasket from mustang eco placed on RS eco because those motors are different block design at bore bridge. So since the 2018's not blowing up leads credence to that rumor.

Therefore...Mustang Eco with 330 or 350hp...BRING IT! I'm waiting to buy one and let you know how it holds up.

Comment

Originally posted by fatbillybob View Post
                    Because mods are so limited in Scca T3 and T4 I’m considering running one in either or both classes. I think it is a good old drivers car because the car is slower so your body takes less wack when you get hit and cabin is gigantic so you don’t have to contort to get in and out of the car.
                    Carl, have you considered building a Spec E46 race car. Sounds like it will check all the right boxes and they're pretty competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeColangelo View Post

Carl, have you considered building a Spec E46 race car. Sounds like it will check all the right boxes and they're pretty competitive.
                      That series is now growing in the Southern Cal region of NASA, too, so there are people to race.
                      www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

Originally posted by MikeColangelo View Post

Nope. I have never raced with NASA just SCCA now. Also the newest E46 is 13 years old. Building a new racecar from a new car reduces the risk of things breaking at the track. Regardless of how hard you maintain a old car there is always something to break you haven't thought of replacing yet.

Comment

Originally posted by fatbillybob View Post

Nope. I have never raced with NASA just SCCA now. Also the newest E46 is 13 years old. Building a new racecar from a new car reduces the risk of things breaking at the track. Regardless of how hard you maintain a old car there is always something to break you haven't thought of replacing yet.
                          Good point.

Also, Spec E46s can race in the SCCA's T3 class.

Comment

Working...
                          X