Collapse

ND2 Miata Versus S2000

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO one of the reason that miata is loved so much is the cost. FRS is not there yet and will take some time. But e36s seems to be a good candidate for the new miata?

I think I went too far from the original OP's discussion...
    Last edited by wxywb021254; 02-08-2019, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wxywb021254 View Post
      IMO one of the reason that miata is loved so much is the cost. FRS is not there yet and will take some time.
      "The TO bearing, strut mounts, ECU and engine problems"

The reason the miata is loved is it has none of those... whats the worst issue a typical 1.8 miata had... needing new plug wires and bad cam/crank angle sensors?

edit: ok, well pilot bearing eventually.... haha
      Last edited by robburgoon; 02-08-2019, 05:15 PM.

Comment

I believe engine / ECU issue is a 1st year model... not unlike 1990 Miata's short nose and diff issue.
        later ones are much more reliable... as with all cars.

I took a bone stock FRS to track (yes I changed brake pads and fluid). only issue it has is fuel starvation (left sweeper) with 2/5 tank on crappy tire. With good tire, pretty sure it wil fuel starve at 1/2 tank. other than Miata (lot slower) and S2000 (other than crack brake rotors), not sure what cars under $40k can do that.

I don't think E36 and Reliable go together in the same sentence..... having owned 4 BMWs since the mid 90s ,good cars, yes. reliable, hell no.
        Last edited by bellwilliam; 02-08-2019, 11:33 PM.
        S1 Supermiata - 220whp
        13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
        17 GT350R
        03 Miata Club Sport
        96 NSX
        06 EVO MR
        15 Mini Cooper S
        Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

Honda Civic Type R
          Chevy Camaro V6 1LE
          Mustang turbo 4 ecoboost
          Last edited by Loose Caboose; 02-09-2019, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Loose Caboose View Post
            Honda Civic Type R
            Chevy Camaro V6 1LE
            Mustang turbo 4 ecoboost
            Is this supposed to be like Jeopardy where we have to come up with the question for your answer?

Which new track cars are with too heavy for their power or likely to go into limp mode on a hot track day?
            Last edited by Red_5; 02-10-2019, 01:41 PM.
            99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
            '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Comment

Many Toyota guys are still running the Mr2. Doesn't make sense to move to an frs when the 2zz spyder run similar lap times. No FRS has come close to beating Mark in that 220HP boosted car he drives. I think he probably had $12k in that car including the price of the car when he ran 1:51 at buttonwillow. Still a full street car with AC and power windows that drove to the track.

unfortunately just like the s2000 the Mr2 is getting too old and hard to find cheap and clean.
              Elise
              MR2 Spyder
              Mazda RX7 FD
              Porsche 911E

Comment

Originally posted by Silversprint View Post
                Many Toyota guys are still running the Mr2.
                When you say "Many Toyota guys", you mean, MR2 owners, right? Because, most Toyota owners aren't tracking MR2s -- at least based on the number of FRS that show up to HPDE events compared to MR2s.
                4.6lbs / whp -- 4lbs / bhp

Comment

Working...
                X