C8 Corvette - Small Price Premium

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 Corvette - Small Price Premium

Kind of surprises me. I was expecting at least a $25K premium.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/...-just-above-c7

That's because GM understands the corvette market. I high dollar C8 will not impress the corvette masses and most Ferrari guys are into the Ferrari status to look good. That is why Ferrari can build turd after turd and people who want status will still buy them.

Comment

Bob Lutz hasn't been right about a lot of things in last 10 years.......
      S1 Supermiata - 220whp
      13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
      17 GT350R
      03 Miata Club Sport
      96 NSX
      06 EVO MR
      15 Mini Cooper S
      Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

Corvette prices are where they are because of production volume. The best things about Corvettes is how available they are, how affordable they are, and how good they are.

A Ferrari 458 or a Ford GT are cool, but they're unavailable to most people. A Corvette delivers equal or better performance for a fraction of the price.
        www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

Hmmm?

Maybe I will get one.

The C7 is difficult to make into a race car though because of all the super advanced technology like the electronic diff. It makes for a great handling street car, but it is difficult for laypersons to convert that car to a real wheel-to-wheel car that can race for an hour straight. You basically have to remove all of the advanced technology.
          To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Olitho View Post
            The C7 is difficult to make into a race car though because of all the super advanced technology like the electronic diff. It makes for a great handling street car, but it is difficult for laypersons to convert that car to a real wheel-to-wheel car that can race for an hour straight. You basically have to remove all of the advanced technology.
            And the stupid DOD! On the Ask Tadge page I told him GM needs to take a lesson from Ford and give us "body in white" or stripped out C8's with bill of sale only not legal for street use cars with minimal incestuous electronics like BCM, A/C, DOD, On Star deletes. BMW's are such a pain. BMW M4's have piped in engine noise you can't delete without gutting the whole infotainment system. SubaruWRX has a similar system but you can delete it with factory subaru part substitutions post sale! So who is interested in a performance machine vs. faux performance machine?

Comment

Originally posted by fatbillybob View Post

And the stupid DOD! On the Ask Tadge page I told him GM needs to take a lesson from Ford and give us "body in white" or stripped out C8's with bill of sale only not legal for street use cars with minimal incestuous electronics like BCM, A/C, DOD, On Star deletes. BMW's are such a pain. BMW M4's have piped in engine noise you can't delete without gutting the whole infotainment system. SubaruWRX has a similar system but you can delete it with factory subaru part substitutions post sale! So who is interested in a performance machine vs. faux performance machine?

Hear, hear!

I like the idea, and I hope that GM wouldn't charge too much for deleting all that equipment.
              www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

Working...
              X