Bought a Scarab 240Z

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought a Scarab 240Z

Just bought this on Bring A Trailer. 1 of only 20 known to still exist. Flying up in April with my wife to drive it back home to San Diego. Fun stuff!

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1971-datsun-240z-77/

Very cool, but I confess I don't know what a Scarab 240Z is.
    www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

It was the first company to do V-8 conversions of the 240z's. They originally used SBC 327 ci engines, but switched to 350's like this one has towards the end. About 200 cars were converted at the Scarab "factory" but only 20 are accounted for at this point.

Comment

Love it !!
        S1 Supermiata - 220whp
        13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
        17 GT350R
        03 Miata Club Sport
        96 NSX
        06 EVO MR
        15 Mini Cooper S
        Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

Super sweet! A real gem. You should consider showing it in the annual Japanese Car Show in the Queen Mary Parking lot.

Comment

btw:

http://www.experience-ancient-egypt....-scarab-beetle
            The Egyptian scarab beetle was a symbol of death and rebirth, associated with the sun god Khepri. Scarabs were used to help the dead in the judgments.

Comment

Wellcraft Marine, with help from Crocker and Tubbs, had a good run with the Scarab name, too.
              www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

Originally posted by Loose Caboose View Post
                Super sweet! A real gem. You should consider showing it in the annual Japanese Car Show in the Queen Mary Parking lot.
                It will be there for sure. The JCCS Show was moved to the park over by the convention center last year due to the shows growth. We took 1st in Z car class last year with another car.

Comment

Wow, that is a really cool car. Very nice!

Charley

Comment

I had that exact front spoiler on my 280Z that was a Scarab knock off. I loved that 280Z better than my bros 240Z. I sold the 280 but my bro still has his 240 in that nasty datsun orange. I keep trying to get my brother to let me make a vintage racer out of it. He says No!

Comment

Another racer? Better get started on the kitchen for the wifey . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Loose Caboose View Post
                        Another racer? Better get started on the kitchen for the wifey . . .

Oli and I have this friend we used to race vettes with. He used to say when he needed to buy more stuff for racing in reference to his wife..."I wonder how many pairs of shoes this is going to cost me?"

Comment

Originally posted by ucfbrett View Post
                          Very cool, but I confess I don't know what a Scarab 240Z is.
                          A modified 240z - per google. ie. akin to your local race shop modding a Civic and attaching a "one of x" to it. Albeit, V8 powered 240Zs are always, always, always awesome

4.6lbs / whp -- 4lbs / bhp

Comment

Originally posted by fatbillybob View Post

Oli and I have this friend we used to race vettes with. He used to say when he needed to buy more stuff for racing in reference to his wife..."I wonder how many pairs of shoes this is going to cost me?"
                            Too true. A cycling buddy of mine got a new bike. I asked what he paid. He answered that it was $18K - $6K for the bike and $12K for the new furniture.

Comment

The Scarab has landed and is as 80's cool as you can get. I need to borrow some of Oli's gold chains to drive this around. Did a "family" photo shoot upon it's arrival. Decided to have it shipped. 1,000 miles in it would have been fun 30 years ago. Today, not so much LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X