Porsche 911 S

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porsche 911 S

For a retirement gift a couple of my buddies took me to the Porsche Experience Center in LA yesterday. We each drove a 911 S for 90 minutes. My ride along Scott was a cool older guy (like me) and we bonded as soon as I found out he use to race a Datsun 510 as well.
    The first thing that surprised me was that even though I am 6'-6" tall, I could actually get pretty comfortable in the car. I expected to be compromised the whole time.
    The car seemed virtually uncrashable with all of the nannies on, but become more and more fun as Scott gradually turned them off. Plenty of power and great grip.
    Never previously having these cars on my radar screen, I was completely impressed with everything except the price. $130K puts it out of the range of 99% of consumers. It's cool that for $500 you can experience how people like Oli live for at least 90 minutes however!

craZee

$500? That seems like a fair deal to drive something like that. By the end of the session, did they let you drive "flat out?"

www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

Yes, they have a fun little "track" and they even let you use the launch control on a straightaway.

You can also drive GT3's for I think $800 but the place isn't big enough to use all the extra power.

Comment

It's a pretty tight track. Good to practice your driving mechanics on, but a pretty cozy place to experiment with in terms of vehicle dynamics.
        2003 Z06
        Mosport | Willow Springs | Other tracks

Comment

PEC is impressive.
          Something about the new sports cars with perfect nannies.
          I don't aspire to drive these new computer controlled cars.
          I'd prefer to practice car control in your Z cars.

A buddy drives a GT3, he hasn't had to shift or heal and toe for years.

74 911 RSR+
          88 IMSA Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by craZee View Post
            For a retirement gift a couple of my buddies took me to the Porsche Experience Center in LA yesterday.
            craZee
            Congrats on retirement, good friends that treat you well and a nice garage full of toys.
            That's more impressive than any Porsche.

74 911 RSR+
            88 IMSA Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by passmenow View Post

Congrats on retirement, good friends that treat you well and a nice garage full of toys.
              That's more impressive than any Porsche.
              Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X