Aim solo2 use question/observations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aim solo2 use question/observations

As the other thread has become long and horribly off topic I'm starting a new one.

So I was one of the early adopters and have finally been able to use it for a few days.

Has anybody else noticed the astonishing glare on the screen? Where it's mounted in my s2000 next to the guages all I see is a lovely reflection of my right wing endplate. So I tried to be clever and picked up some cheap iPhone glare screens and cut one to fit which worked but the screen is still far too dim to be clearly seen easily, especially when refocusing from outside daylight to inside in a split second.

The problem is worsened with sun glasses or a tinted visor.

Has anyone else encountered this? Any clever solutios? My next step is going to be building a shroud over it which seems silly.

I cut a bracket from aluminum to which I bolted the steel bracket that the magnets on the Solo II attach to. I screwed the bracket to the plastic shroud surrounding the steering column.

Like so:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dash copy.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	367.0 KB
ID:	260572
    www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

I liked it it so much I kept it for the new car I'm building.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0144.JPG Views:	1 Size:	617.2 KB ID:	260574
      www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

Installed mine yesterday, including the wiring to pull ECU data. I wish the connector was located differently... I may change it one day, but it's here now

4.6lbs / whp -- 4lbs / bhp

Comment

So here is where mine is located on a small brcket, which was perfect on the soloDL but the new Solo2DL picks up tons of glare and the screen is kinda dim.

AIM offered to replace the screen for me and see if it helps so im going to start there.

Comment

Did the new screen improve anything, Ryan? I'm using a Ram windshield mount and it's hit and miss on instant info from the screen. The LED's are mainly all I use.

Comment

Originally posted by luke warmshoe View Post
              Did the new screen improve anything, Ryan? I'm using a Ram windshield mount and it's hit and miss on instant info from the screen. The LED's are mainly all I use.
              Hey Derek, yep a replacement screen fixed the faint visibility. Been solid since. Reach out to AIM support and let them know its very faint in daylight.

Comment

Working...
              X