Tracking in Hot Weather

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracking in Hot Weather

Is going to the track in hot weather worth it to you? Curious to hear your opinions on this.

For me, hot weather means, tires burn up faster, you go slower, random crap always always tends to break, and wearing a full suit in a metal can in 100F is not my idea of fun. I also heard my cool-suit set up- doesn't really work once it is over 95F.
    Last edited by Johns_EvoIXSE; 07-06-2018, 03:53 PM.
    SuperMiata S2 Class #33

My rule is not to track over 85F. 90F no way period. along with cool suit is the new hocotex fabric suits from guys like sparco. They are 1 layer sfi 32a/5 and FIA rated meaning SCCA legal. You can actually feel the breeze coming through the suit. Once flame hits it the fabric cells swell and wall you off in an air barrier. I wasn't a believer until I walked outside Winecountry motorsports in a light breeze and I'll be dammed...I could feel the breeze through a zipped up suit.

Comment

The new Sparco Victory RS-4 is on the list. Heard nothing but good things.
      SuperMiata S2 Class #33

Comment

Just noticed Sparco has discontinued it? https://www.sparcousa.com/victory-rs-4
        SuperMiata S2 Class #33

Comment

Originally posted by Johns_EvoIXSE View Post
          Just noticed Sparco has discontinued it? https://www.sparcousa.com/victory-rs-4
          Superceded by similar 2018 suits in same price range.

As an RS4 owner I can concur, they breathe amazingly well. That and a coolshirt are enough for me in hot weather.
          WWW.949RACING.COM
          SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
          But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Comment

Originally posted by Johns_EvoIXSE View Post
            Is going to the track in hot weather worth it to you? Curious to hear your opinions on this.

For me, hot weather means, tires burn up faster, you go slower, random crap always always tends to break, and wearing a full suit in a metal can in 100F is not my idea of fun. I also heard my cool-suit set up- doesn't really work once it is over 95F.
            Yes. Hydrate hydrate hydrate, and then have fun. I imagine one day the thrill of driving won't be enough to offset being that uncomfortable though. Not the case today.

Comment

Working...
            X