X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• imager993
    started a topic New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions

Looks like we have a few newer people around here. We are a somewhat smaller forum here and most of us have met each other at the track in person. It is a nice little community here.

It would be great if some of the newer people (and people who have been around for a while as well) would introduce yourself and tell us something about you, your car(s), track experience, and anything else of interest. A picture of you and/or your car is also nice.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

About Me:

Aaron Kupferman
    Sherman Oaks, California

2002 Audi TT
    APR Chip (255 horses), 3" Down Pipe, stock suspension (springs and struts) except for a rear sway bar, front bushings, and camber plates so I don't fry the outsides of my tires. I swap out my street pads for Hawk Blues on the track.
    NT-01's on lightweight track wheels.

Have probably spent about 15 days on the track over the last year.
    Most on Streets of Willow Springs, Willow Springs Big Track, and California Speedway Interior Course. Loved the two days I recently spent at Laguna Seca.

Videos of lots of my track days here.

I work in the motion picture industry doing Digital Visual Effects for feature films and commercials. I have worked on Pan's Labyrinth, Night at the Museum, Evan Almighty, and am just finishing up Alvin and the Chipmunks as a Lead Compositor. Look for my name in the credits. Check out my website for some of my work. www.electricreality.com

I am also a photographer and have recently been getting more into automotive photography again. Recently I have had a chance to shoot the Laguna Seca ALMS races with media credentials. I had a blast and got some great shots. Check them out here.

I recently started a Track Photography business - Motorsport Lens. I don't take the normal "track day photos" that show a car that looks like it is parked on the race track, I use panning techniques and an artistic eye to portray the car in motion. Please take a look at the Portfolio section of Motorsport Lens for samples.

My Car

Laguna Seca ALMS

Me shooting landscapes in the Sierras

• Roughsmoke
    replied
    Hi all,

Thank you very much, everybody, who replied and gave us such a warm welcome, much appreciated.

We'd like to share some event content, as well as the many options for parts that we ship internationally from Japan.
    So we'll go through the forum and see what the rules are for such as there are a number of brands we can supply.

Hope to catch up soon with some of you that were kind enough to reply and hope we can enjoy here on the forums.

Have a great day everyone.

x

Leave a comment:

• Loose Caboose
    replied
    Enjoy the festival and welcome to TrackHQ.

Leave a comment:

• ucfbrett
    replied
    Welcome, Shimuzu.

Leave a comment:

• fatbillybob
    replied
    Originally posted by Roughsmoke View Post
    We're just entering Obon holiday here in Japan, so we will be back online in about ten days, and I hope to catch up with some of you then.

Have a great week all.
    Welcome! Obon is big in our local SoCal Japanese communities here too. My kid teaches Obon dances and will being teaching tonight at a local Obon festival. Racing Suzuka is on my list of things to do. I love to see the cool stuff coming out of Japan's car scene.

Leave a comment:

• robburgoon
    replied
    Welcome Shimuzu!

Leave a comment:

• Roughsmoke
    replied
    Hello everyone,

My name is Shimuzu, owner of Roughsmoke in Osaka, Japan.
    I run my business here as a parts exporter and media coverage business.

Quite a bit of that involves Time Attack related parts and such, and I thought I need to converse more with the great audience of fellow enthusiasts so here I am on the forum saying hi to you all.

Hopefully, I can get to connect with a number of you as time passes.
    We're just entering Obon holiday here in Japan, so we will be back online in about ten days, and I hope to catch up with some of you then.

Have a great week all.

Shimuzu.

x.

------

Previous car: Silvia S14
    Hometown: Osaka
    Job: Media, and parts exporter
    Favorite tracks: Suzuka Circuit, Meihan Sportsland, Central Circuit, Tsukuba Circuit.

Leave a comment:

• ucfbrett
    replied
    Welcome Benbro02.

I'm thinking more TSX cars of that vintage are going to find their way onto tracks. Great donor cars for Honda Challenge.

Leave a comment:

• BENBRO02
    replied
    Just joined the group today. I have been autocrossing for years and went to 1 track day last year. I'm hooked! I'm driving my 2005 Acura TSX 6mt with 281,000 miles on the track. We'll see if it holds up?

Leave a comment:

• CharleyH
    replied
    Welcome! Sounds like a fun car.

Charley

Leave a comment:

• Club Sport Z
    replied
    Name: Neil
    Home: Marina Del Rey
    Experience: Noob
    Car: 05 350z
    Favorite Tracks: Big Willow and ACS

Hello all,

I've been tracking for about two years with my 05 Z, which until recently was pretty stock. No nanny aids, an open diff, stock suspension and 360 tread-wear tires all made for exciting track sessions. In turn I
    learned throttle modulation, how to handle power oversteer and to safely push the car and my self thanks to its natural tendency to understeer.

Now with some simple bolt-ons for "power" ;-) upgraded brakes; carbontechs and Motul 600, an oil-pan spacer, LSD and sticky Federals on 18x10.5 watch out world !!!!

Thanks all

Neil
    Last edited by Club Sport Z; 02-23-2018, 11:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ucfbrett
    replied
    Welcome, Ryan. Come on in. The water's fine. Deep at times, but fine.

Leave a comment:

• Toslo5o
    replied
    Name: Ryan
    Home: Middltown Ohio
    Car: E46 330ci, 85 rx7 gsl-se
    Experience: drag race, auto-x
    Occupation: Area Manager, auto reconditioning - anything cosmetic
    Favorite tracks: Mid Ohio, Edgewater Dragway, Kil-Kare

I'm completely new to road tracks... I've read many threads here and have really enjoyed learning from knowledgeable members. Thanks for the acceptance!

Leave a comment:

• CharleyH
    replied
    Originally posted by luke warmshoe View Post
    Hi Tony, yup that's my girl! Nice pic. Track was fast that weekend, my car was loving the cool temps.

Thanks guys for the warm welcome!

SpecVette looks super cool. Must.....resist! Also, must..get..faster ha
    Resistance is futile....save yourself while there is still time....

Leave a comment:

• luke warmshoe
    replied
    Hi Tony, yup that's my girl! Nice pic. Track was fast that weekend, my car was loving the cool temps.

Thanks guys for the warm welcome!

SpecVette looks super cool. Must.....resist! Also, must..get..faster ha

Leave a comment:

Working...
X