This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time, long time

So I admit I might have a problem, but I'm blaming you.

I used to be fairly content, washing and waxing, hard parking, finding twisty back roads and redlines.
    Then a couple auto-x.
    On S2KI, someone said "track day" and i found this site.
    That was the beginning of the end.

It was basically over, but schedules and life kept addiction in check. I even sold the S2K.

Later, I found a black street/track Miata oozing character. Cheap, you said! Easy on tires and brakes!
    After driving it to and from some track days, the motor let go and I got towed home.
    My plan was to rotrex a 949 motor, but i like the simplicity of NA and found Kmiata.

Bigger tires, bigger brakes. No power steering, No A/C. 6 Speed, 4.3 rear.
    Still driving to and from the track (allegedly), sweating, turning 12,000rpm at 70mph. Good times! Hard core!

After breaking down in the So Cal desert a couple of times, I went full retard.
    Gutted the Miata, bought a F150 and trailer, blah, blah, you've heard this story a thousand times.
    Thought i was smarter than that. Nope.

See you at the track! Come by and say hi. Name's Derek.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Welcome! Sounds like you have been bitten by the bug hard. I hate to be the one to tell you, but there is only one cure for this... Sign up for Spec Corvette right away. It’s the only way to save yourself at this point

Charley

Comment

• Originally posted by CharleyH View Post
        Welcome! Sounds like you have been bitten by the bug hard. I hate to be the one to tell you, but there is only one cure for this... Sign up for Spec Corvette right away. It’s the only way to save yourself at this point

Charley

Ha ha! Love you Charley!!!
        To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Comment

• LOL! Hello My name is Derek...I'm a track-o-holic...

Welcome Derek!

Comment

• Originally posted by luke warmshoe View Post
            See you at the track! Come by and say hi. Name's Derek.
            Pretty sure this is the Miata that has been giving me waking nightmares for nearly a month now.... from the front straight at Buttonwillow, no need to lift, no need for point by, just walked on by me... haha

Hello & welcome Derek

Comment

• Hi Tony, yup that's my girl! Nice pic. Track was fast that weekend, my car was loving the cool temps.

Thanks guys for the warm welcome!

SpecVette looks super cool. Must.....resist! Also, must..get..faster ha

Comment

• Originally posted by luke warmshoe View Post
                Hi Tony, yup that's my girl! Nice pic. Track was fast that weekend, my car was loving the cool temps.

Thanks guys for the warm welcome!

SpecVette looks super cool. Must.....resist! Also, must..get..faster ha
                Resistance is futile....save yourself while there is still time....

Comment

• Name: Ryan
                  Home: Middltown Ohio
                  Car: E46 330ci, 85 rx7 gsl-se
                  Experience: drag race, auto-x
                  Occupation: Area Manager, auto reconditioning - anything cosmetic
                  Favorite tracks: Mid Ohio, Edgewater Dragway, Kil-Kare

I'm completely new to road tracks... I've read many threads here and have really enjoyed learning from knowledgeable members. Thanks for the acceptance!

Comment

• Welcome, Ryan. Come on in. The water's fine. Deep at times, but fine.
                    www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

• Name: Neil
                      Home: Marina Del Rey
                      Experience: Noob
                      Car: 05 350z
                      Favorite Tracks: Big Willow and ACS

Hello all,

I've been tracking for about two years with my 05 Z, which until recently was pretty stock. No nanny aids, an open diff, stock suspension and 360 tread-wear tires all made for exciting track sessions. In turn I
                      learned throttle modulation, how to handle power oversteer and to safely push the car and my self thanks to its natural tendency to understeer.

Now with some simple bolt-ons for "power" ;-) upgraded brakes; carbontechs and Motul 600, an oil-pan spacer, LSD and sticky Federals on 18x10.5 watch out world !!!!

Thanks all

Neil
                      Last edited by Club Sport Z; 02-23-2018, 11:19 PM.

Comment

• Welcome! Sounds like a fun car.

Charley

Comment

• Just joined the group today. I have been autocrossing for years and went to 1 track day last year. I'm hooked! I'm driving my 2005 Acura TSX 6mt with 281,000 miles on the track. We'll see if it holds up?

Comment

• Welcome Benbro02.

I'm thinking more TSX cars of that vintage are going to find their way onto tracks. Great donor cars for Honda Challenge.
                            www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

Working...
                            X