• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name: Serdar Gurhan
    Home: Cedar Grove, NJ
    Car: 2001 BMW e46 325ci, 1990 BMW 325i, 1984 BMW 318i Ford 302 swap
    Experience: Multiple autox events, HPDE events at NJMP
    Favorite tracks: VIR, COTA Even though I've never driven them

First car was my e46, a hand me down from my father. It was the car that got me into tracking and Autox, i worked on it starting at 13 years old until I was 17 ( maintenance/ suspension/few power mods) and just drove it for a year and a half until this previous summer when I gutted it and depinned 25lbs of wire from the harness. Plan on welding a full cage this spring, putting in a metal plate lsd, and machining my own solid bushings (hobby machinist/welder). My e30 325i (first car I actually purchased) came from California as an automatic, when I was 16 I swapped it to manual with a LTW flywheel and HD clutch. Since then I have installed Ground Control Coilovers and ST Swaybars along with 225/45/15 tires. My most recent purchase was an e30 318i which I have 302 swapped and is going to be my daily also on coilovers, solid bushings, and a few other good things.

Untitled by Serdar Gurhan, on Flickr

Untitled by Serdar Gurhan, on Flickr

Still need to get some pics of my V8 e30

Comment

• Hey all, new to the site but not the sport!

Concord, NC..behind the speedway

Comment

• Originally posted by PSIxGEO View Post
        Hey all, new to the site but not the sport!

Concord, NC..behind the speedway
        Welcome
        To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Comment

• Welcome, guys. A V8 E30 sounds like a great daily driver.
          www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

• Howdy!

It looks like I'm late to the party, but it's great to find some like minded track enthusiasts. I heard about this forum on The Smoking Tire or The Slip Angle podcast, both are cool shows.

I've been involved in motorsports for about 9 years now. My current situation is a PTEish '99 Miata TT car that started life as my STR autocross car. I hope to have this in race trim for early 2017. She's been under the knife, and I've been doing all the work, so it's been a slow build. I was able to do the NASA event at MSR Cresson earlier this year and a few autocrosses, just for shake down.

I'm also part owner of an e36 crap can that gets a lot of track time. I've been driving in the 24 hours of lemons for about 5 years with the TARP racing team.

Other than that, I love any chance to get behind the wheel. I started off in a 03 Civic Si in H-Stock trim. Restored a Formula V that never saw the track, because divorce. Did the SCCA drivers school at MAM in a spec miata and won the 3 hours enduro that weekend. Lots of indoor karts, some outdoor. I just recently drove the Property Devaluation 302 powered '79 RX-7 in the BFE GP at High Plains Raceway. I've also got a decent iRacing rig, but I'm having trouble finding time and settling into a series.

Shout out to TARP Racing, 949 for selling me some sweet parts, and the Team Clear Coat podcast.

Here are a few pics of the situation:

Click image for larger version

Name:	cookie.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	232342Click image for larger version

Name:	cresson.jpg
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	232343Click image for larger version

Name:	rally.jpg
Size:	584.5 KB
ID:	232344Click image for larger version

Name:	sebring.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	232345Click image for larger version

Name:	subie.jpg
Size:	194.3 KB
ID:	232346

Comment

• ^^Awesome pics, welcome!
              99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
              '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Comment

• I can't tell. What is this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	sebring.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	232347
                www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

• It's a mk1 mr2 chassis with widened body panels from a '67 Simca taking turn one at Sebring. I had the pleasure of driving this through the town of Sebring after we lost a wheel on our trailer an hour north of the track.

Comment

• Nice to see some rallyx pictures. Welcome!
                    Yer pal,
                    Force

Comment

• Name: Morgan 'Morgs'
                      Home: Glendale
                      Car: 15 WRX
                      Experience: Newbie
                      Occupation: Engineering, Product and Project Management (little bit of everything)
                      Favorite tracks: ButtonWillow

Like most here to learn and meet other fellow enthusiasts. Always loved cars and anything that goes fast. Cars, Dirt Bikes and Street Bikes. Don't have much experience out on road tracks, only have 3 events under my belt at Buttonwillow. Each time craving away a second or two and getting a new PB each time. With my current time at 2:08:294.

Hope to rack up some more seat in the coming months and, then work my way into to TT events.

Comment

• Welcome to THQ Morgan!
                        Take care of the WRX. They are good learning cars for novice level drivers but start to get expensive and frustrating when you get to intermediate level and just don't work for advanced drivers without re-engineering half the drive train.
                        WWW.949RACING.COM
                        SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
                        But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Comment

• Originally posted by emilio700 View Post
                          Welcome to THQ Morgan!
                          Take care of the WRX. They are good learning cars for novice level drivers but start to get expensive and frustrating when you get to intermediate level and just don't work for advanced drivers without re-engineering half the drive train.
                          Thanks!

Yeah, its good for now to learn and have as a DD. When the time comes, I'll be getting some else like Miata or S2K for a dedicated track car.

Comment

• 5 year lurker saying Hi.

Name: Dan
                            Home: Columbus, OH turned Aliso Viejo, CA
                            Car: Miatae
                            Experience: Advanced
                            Favorite tracks: Mid Ohio Sports Car Course

My name is Dan Howard. I started reading TrackHQ back when I started "getting fast" at HPDEs, mostly for the tech info and driving advice found here.
                            I've since gone through NASA's entire ladder and earned my Comp license last year. I cleared my Provisional last month and will going to NASA WCC next month.

I am from Ohio, born and raised. My wife and I relocated to SoCal two weeks ago so that I could accept a Sales Manager role with 949 Racing.

With that said, you can safely assume my driving background is nearly 100% Miata based. I've done a ton of instructing with NASA, SCCA, AutoInterests and others, so I've weaseled my way into driving all kinds of fun stuff. My right-seat highlight is a 997 Porsche Cup.

My cars:
                            TTD NA8 w/bp4w swap and bolt-ons/ECU. The one that got me hooked. Daily driver in high school, college, then made a turn towards racecar. Great triple threat CSP/TTE-D/Weekend car. Parted out to build the PT car below.

"21 Flavors" VVT swap, CoT wing, DiY splitter, Spec Miata suspension, 15x10 6UL w/245/4015 Maxxis RC1. HPDE Champion. Stayed in Ohio with a buddy.

"Button" Super budget dyno-reclass NASA PTE build got me 3 track records in the Great Lakes region. It's getting converted to a "points build" for a shot at NASA WCC 2016. Potential SuperMiata for 2017+.

Comment

• Welcome Dan, nice Miata builds! Will you bring it to Mazda's @ Laguna Seca next month?

Comment

• Welcome Dan. Points build 99/00 is the way to go. Good luck!
                                99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
                                '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Comment

Working...
                                X