• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tag teaming Mia?
    I need to make sure my wife doesn't read Track HQ
    Moti

Blackbird Fabworx - Quality Performance Fabrication

Comment

• Hahahahahah at least she'll get a break between black and orange sessions, per the schedule. Whew.

Comment

• Just don't be rubbing those feet, you two!

Comment

• Originally posted by Schmoe Money View Post
          Just don't be rubbing those feet, you two!
          Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa... stop right there. Double-teaming a sports car and givin' a foot massage ain't even the same effin' thing.

Comment

• Hi all,

I have been browsing trackHQ more often recently, and figured it was time to make a little introduction. I purchased a 2002 Honda S2000 (my long time "dream" car) to be my ultimate weekend/track car last October, and have gotten 4 track days in since then.

Name: Marvin Lopez
            Home: Aliso Viejo, soon to be moving to Santa Monica/Culver City
            Car: 2002 Honda S2000 - weekend/track, 1986 Toyota Pickup 4x4 - daily
            Track Experience: Two track days at Streets of Willow, Two at Chuckwalla

And since we all love pictures:

Comment

• ^^^ Welcome. Nice car. With rollbar from a well-known sponsor here. Have fun out there. If I can give you just one piece of advice -- GO RUN SONOMA RACEWAY!!!
              The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
              1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
              2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
              2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by Richard EVO View Post
                ^^^ Welcome. Nice car. With rollbar from a well-known sponsor here. Have fun out there. If I can give you just one piece of advice -- GO RUN SONOMA RACEWAY!!!
                I will one day! Since I'm still just getting into the sport, I'll probably stick to the more local tracks for now. I also drive my car to the track, usually with my wife sitting in the passenger seat. As you can imagine, that doesn't leave much more space in an s2000 to carry the camping gear, food, etc that is needed on those longer trips.

Comment

• Name: Scott Winders
                  Home: San Martin, CA
                  Car: 1987 Porsche 911 race car setup to the Porsche Racing Club GTL rules
                  Experience: Ex motorcycle road racer (AFM) and NASA licensed racer
                  Favorite tracks: I like all of them but Sears Point is my favorite

Here is a photo of my race car:
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by winders; 06-25-2015, 10:42 PM.
                  Scott Winders
                  PRC GTL #3

Comment

• Proper introduction

Hi all!

I first joined the site a little over a year ago and had a little bit of a chip on my shoulder when I got here.. I'm sorry if I offended anyone.
                    Since then I've been a frequent lurker and now I think I've come full circle.

Yesterday at WSIR I had my best track day ever. It started rough, I dropped the car off the only (crappy) jack that I brought with me and fumbled around like an idiot while all the red group guys were driving out to line up for their first session lol! Even my dog and my girlfriend were starting to wonder about me but I kept my cool, borrowed a jack, and eventually got things squared away.

Once I got on the track I felt great, the car felt good, and the track conditions were excellent. I was running in the green group and I passed a lot of cars in the first session. During second session everything was good but the car started running a little warm toward the end so I decided to call it a day.

While I was gathering up my things a couple of guys walked up and started checking out the car, asking what I have done to it, then a couple more guys walked up, and then another.. all of them saying they really liked the car and that they thought it was cool to see something different out there and yadda yadda yadda.. I felt vindicated and it was exactly what I was hoping to find when joined this site. Thanks TrackHQ!!

About me:
                    My name is Andrew Troutner, I live in San Luis Obispo, Ca. where I was born and raised, and I drive a decommissioned 2007 Merced County Sheriff's car lol! It has a T45 5 speed, HiTech stage 2 cams, shorty headers, stock cats (all 4 of them) going into a 3" x-pipe with 3" chambered mufflers dumping just before the rear axle, a 4.10 Detroit Locker, coilover kits on KYB cop shocks with QA1 550 lb springs up front, Bilstien dampers with jack bolted Mustang springs and in the rear, Metco Motorsports rear control arms, DIY splitter/air dam and clear, stock car style rear spoiler, running on 315/35/17 NT01s front and rear...

She ain't purdy but she's all mine!

PS: Hey Beavis, you think I could get some Track HQ stickers for my ride?
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	vicky.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	229954Click image for larger version

Name:	cv.jpg
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	229955

Comment

• You have to post more pictures. That's a very interesting car.
                      www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

• Originally posted by ucfbrett View Post
                        You have to post more pictures. That's a very interesting car.
                        you asked for it lol..Click image for larger version

Name:	cv spoiler.jpg
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	229957Click image for larger version

Name:	cv qa1.jpg
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	229958Click image for larger version

Name:	cv coilovers 1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	229959Click image for larger version

Name:	cv qa1 2.jpg
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	229960Click image for larger version

Name:	cv rear.jpg
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	229961Click image for larger version

Name:	cv pan.jpg
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	229962Click image for larger version

Name:	cv clutch.jpg
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	229963Click image for larger version

Name:	cv nt01 4.jpg
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	229964

Name:	cv nt01 2.jpg
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	229956

Comment

• You can tell by looking at the stock police interceptor oil pan that Ford was building these cars right...

Comment

• You need to go to a Ford dealer's parts department and order a "Police Interceptor" badge for the trunk lid.
                            www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

• Needs a vertical gun rack right up front for "to and from" the track.

Name:	th (1).jpg
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	229965

Fatbillybob may be able to help.

Comment

• btw: The classic Crager mag wheel look is a very nice touch.

Comment

Working...
                                X