Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderate time lurker, first time poster.

Im Bill Niemeyer. I know a few people here and have met some others.

Ive been a motorsports fan all my life and started doing track days in early 2008. Started off tracking my 08 A4 Avant with Audi Club Golden Gate. Got hooked by the second session. After a few years I needed a big brake kit on the B7 A4 ~$4K installed for just fronts. So I started looking for a pre-modded track day NA Miata, rented a Spec Miata for a few weekends to make sure I wanted one (and of course I did). In late 2010 I bought a 95M that was pre-modded and pre-dinged.

As the addiction continued, I became an instructor with Audi Club and Hooked on Driving. And soon I will plunge further into the depths. I was invited to join a Lemons team (Delinquent Racing 1996 Taurus SHO black/white skunk theme) and my first race will be at Sonoma in late March.

Im active on NorCalRoadsters, Quattroworld NorCal, track forums on Miata.net and MiataTurbo.net. Looking forward to being on TrackHQ and running into people here at various Left Coast venues.

PS...

Heres what my baby looks like now minus numbers plus brake ducts coming though the bumper cover.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-09-full-car.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	229747
    • BEGi S2 GT2554 turbo kit at 8psi
    • Rod departed the 140K engine last March so new engine built up by T (Twibs415) Manly rods, Supertech pistons, Boundary Engineering oil pump (all bought slightly used for a great deal). FM lighter clutch/flywheel while were in there. T did a nice port/polish on the head, plus valves/guides from (dont remember). Engine runs sooo nice.
    • FCM coilovers, OEM bar rear, RB bar front
    • 205/50 R888 on 15x8 6ULs
    • OEM brakes with XP10s
    • Because its a hot car (literally) bigger alum. radiator, coolant reroute, GT500 hood vent
    • To keep me and students in one piece (or is that two pieces?) Hard Dog roll bar, Recaro seat for me, Ultrashield Spec Miata seat to accommodate a wide range of passenger rear ends, Schroth six points for both
    • Newest fun piece a Blackbird Fabworx spoiler mounted to rusty yellow trunk purchased for $40. And Im leaving it rusty yellow!

Comment

• Good to see you've finally... arrived, Bill.
      And welcome Thoreau!

Glad to add two more from north of the grapevine.

Comment

• double post
        Last edited by scarsofcarma; 03-03-2015, 07:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by thoreau View Post
          Hello All,

I look forward to meeting you all.
          Welcome! Any plans to try Sonoma?

Originally posted by billybobster View Post
          Moderate time lurker, first time poster.

Im Bill Niemeyer. I know a few people here and have met some others.

• Newest fun piece a Blackbird Fabworx spoiler mounted to rusty yellow trunk purchased for $40. And Im leaving it rusty yellow!
          Welcome! A friend of mine bought that same wing at the ND Miata reveal at Laguna Seca recently. Seems like a great part to me, how do you like it?

Comment

• Originally posted by scarsofcarma View Post
            Welcome! A friend of mine bought that same wing at the ND Miata reveal at Laguna Seca recently. Seems like a great part to me, how do you like it?
            I like it a lot. I bought mine (actually did the order the next day) at the Miatas@MRLS/ND reveal at Laguna. Moti was doing a very clever piece of speed bits marketing. He had NA and NB trunks with the spoilers on them. You sign up for your session - bring the car over just before and in five minutes the trunks are swapped. I could never get a clean lap to compare lap times but here's what sold me. Without spoiler - floaty feeling over Laguna T1 crest (because turbo). With spoiler - no floaty.

It's well designed and built. And very well-done instructions. I'm a "measure five times cut twice" level of fabricator but I went step-by-step and got it right the first time.

It's recommended.

Comment

• Originally posted by billybobster View Post
              I like it a lot. I bought mine (actually did the order the next day) at the Miatas@MRLS/ND reveal at Laguna. Moti was doing a very clever piece of speed bits marketing. He had NA and NB trunks with the spoilers on them. You sign up for your session - bring the car over just before and in five minutes the trunks are swapped. I could never get a clean lap to compare lap times but here's what sold me. Without spoiler - floaty feeling over Laguna T1 crest (because turbo). With spoiler - no floaty.

It's well designed and built. And very well-done instructions. I'm a "measure five times cut twice" level of fabricator but I went step-by-step and got it right the first time.

It's recommended.
              Yeah that wing would have been nice on the Auto Club Speedway banking at 110 mph lol. If I'd kept my Miata it was on my list of further modifications... I'm a big fan of functional wings, such as this one developed by Nissan Motorsports for the 280ZX in the IMSA GTU series, homolugated for racing via the limited-edition ZX-R model that I used to own. This wing would generate over 370lbs of downforce at 100mph.

Comment

• I guess I'll introduce myself...

Name: Michael Hillo
                Home: Santa Clarita, CA
                Car: 05 Nissan 350z
                Experience: 3x Buttonwillow, 1x WSIR, 7x Streets of Willow, 1x Horsetheif mile.
                Most feared track: Horsetheif (drifting) man it takes some balls to link some sections
                Favorite tracks: Buttonwillow duh

My dad got me into cars when I was young, and owning an autoshop, taught me to work on them. When I turned 16 we bought a 2011 Lancer (FWD model) and I stumbled into some canyons. A year later I outgrew it and bought a 2008 WRX, hated it and 3 months later sold it for an EvoIX. Soon after I started going to car meets, met a buddy who tracked his mazda3 and decided to go to the track with him, and I've been hooked ever since. I decided AWD was too boring and sold the evo for a 350z to get into drifting about 6 months ago. Well, I found out I liked the Z for gripping as well and right now it serves both purposes.

The Z's current mods: 370z Akebono Brakes, HSD Coilovers, Intake/catback, adjustable camber arms.

My current best times are:
                WSIR: 1:38.9 (modded z)
                Buttonwillow: 2:03.7 (modded z) / 2:08.7 (evo)
                Streets of willow CW: 1:30.5 (coilovers Z) / 1:29.9 (evo)
                Streets of willow CCW: 1:32.4 (stock Z) / 1:28.7 (evo)

Last edited by iStubz; 03-10-2015, 10:51 PM.

Comment

• Hey guys
                  Had a bad first encounter on the site awhile ago and will try to start over here lol. I like the site theres alot of good info here.
                  My name is Josh, I am going on 17 years in the US Coast Guard and love working and racing cars. I have a 2001 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS that is always in a constant state of upgrade, i do alot of autocross and track days. Looking
                  to run the subaru in the World Racing League at Atlanta Motorsports Park and Sebring this year. My home track
                  would be Sebring, but I am fondn of Road Atlanta.
                  I also work with the Skullcandy Team Nissan crew on our 2 Nissan Altima's and 1 370 Z in Pirelli World Challenge. Looking forward to
                  hopefully contributing to the site.

I am currently finishing the Subaru build.
                  Subaru

Altimas

Josh

Comment

• Welcome, Josh. Good to have more Florida people on the forum.
                    www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

• Thanks. Anyone going to the 12 hr of Sebring or the St. Pete Grand Prix. I will be working with a buddy's team at
                      St. Pete.
                      Last edited by Whiteghost2.5; 03-11-2015, 04:51 PM.

Comment

• Finally registered after years of occasional lurking. I'm Ivan and I'll be at CWVR with Speed Ventures this weekend as long as nothing explodes before then. I've done a few track days at SoWS, BRP, and CWVR over the years, and I'm hoping to start stepping up the frequency pretty soon here. I've got a white FR-S with some light modifications:

- Perrin exhaust because stock sounds like a Corolla
                        - SPC front camber bolts and custom alignment because I like my front sidewalls
                        - Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires because damn, dem sidewalls
                        - Eibach tubular front swaybar because front camber exaggerates the car's tendency to take its "86" badges seriously and want to go sideways at every opportunity
                        - Carbotech XP10/XP8 because racecar and/or school bus
                        - Old school IMSA sticker and yellow DRL bulbs because mad street cred with nobody, ever
                        - WeatherTech floor liners because my heel chewed a hole in the jankety OE floor mats and Alex Job Racing needs my money
                        - My Shaldan "squash" scent because it turns my car into a Japanese embassy

Say hi, Mia Wallace...

Name:	9529636059_66e6551df3_o.png
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	229817

Name:	4e894362b22c11e3934012c4bd0d2158_8.jpg
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	229816

"Now I wanna dance. I wanna win. I want that trophy, so dance good." -Mia Wallace

Comment

• - WeatherTech floor liners because my heel chewed a hole in the jankety OE floor mats and Alex Job Racing needs my money
                          OK, now THAT's funny. Welcome, Ivan.
                          www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

• Originally posted by ucfbrett View Post
                            OK, now THAT's funny. Welcome, Ivan.
                            Thanks!

Comment

• ^^^ Welcome, Ivan. We'll be at Chuckwalla on March 28 and 29 with SV. Come talk to the old dudes in the grey Challenger (my friend is 7' tall) and the silver S2000 (me) on Saturday; and the black C6, silver 997 and me again in S2K on Sunday. Should be a great open track weekend, if a little bit hot for late March.
                              Last edited by Richard EVO; 03-24-2015, 10:02 PM.
                              The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
                              1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
                              2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
                              2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

• Thanks Richard! Looking forward to hot laps and good BBQ. Erik Bruner and I will be rolling in on Friday. I'm running in Purple group on Saturday, and Moti and I will be tag-teaming poor Mia Wallace on on Sunday in Purple and Orange groups, so long as the hardware holds up to the heat.

Comment

Working...
                                X