Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member here. Was a part of other forums before but really the only threads I was serious about were the track threads. Coming here to read and learn about technique from others who enjoy the same thing!

I have been tracking for a little over two years and my main focus is becoming better as a driver. Not like those who only look for lap times since I am a strong believer in the fact that when you focus on driving ability, the speed/times will come as a side effect.

Here is my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/pkim1079

Would love for input on those that are experienced and can critique my laps!

Comment

• A "throw away" suggestion re your 14 CCW laps. You may not want to downshift at Phil Hill, just to see how it compares.

Others with more CCW experience will probably be more helpful on this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Loose Caboose View Post
        A "throw away" suggestion re your 14 CCW laps. You may not want to downshift at Phil Hill, just to see how it compares.

Others with more CCW experience will probably be more helpful on this.
        thanks...perhaps I am slowing down too much so that I can downshift...so next time just stay in gear and take the turn not as slow. thanks!

Comment

• Do modulate your speed so that you can give it some throttle right on the ascent to transfer weight rearward.

Comment

• Originally posted by Loose Caboose View Post
            Do modulate your speed so that you can give it some throttle right on the ascent to transfer weight rearward.
            I think right now I am either back on throttle at the top, or on the way down....will try on the way up to keep the rear down.

I will be at brp to run #13CW on Dec 20th.

this goes for both CW/CCW I'm assuming?

Comment

• Both ways.

Comment

• Welcome, Slowsedan. I hope you find your time spent here useful.
                www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

• Originally posted by vchau76 View Post
                  Hi fellow track addicts,

I stumbled upon this forum while doing research on safety mods for my car and am glad I did. I'm fairly new to the track scene (started Aug 2013), but have jumped all four wheels in since my first track day back then. I have done a total of 25 track days this year and 5 last year so I've gotten plenty of seat time in a pretty short time period. I'm actually a newly minted co-owner of a Chumpcar and will be racing in that series next year and then for 2016, I am planning on doing some club racing in BMW CCA to start and then moving over to NASA. I drive a 1995 e36 m3 which I'm currently building to race in I-Sport and my Chumpcar is a 1994 325i.

I'm a native of Philadelphia, PA and NJMP is my backyard track.

Looking forward to being a part of this community.

Vinh
                  Welcome!

Originally posted by slowsedan View Post
                  New member here. Was a part of other forums before but really the only threads I was serious about were the track threads. Coming here to read and learn about technique from others who enjoy the same thing!

I have been tracking for a little over two years and my main focus is becoming better as a driver. Not like those who only look for lap times since I am a strong believer in the fact that when you focus on driving ability, the speed/times will come as a side effect.

Here is my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/pkim1079

Would love for input on those that are experienced and can critique my laps!
                  Welcome I will try and check that channel out at some point.

Comment

• Hi, my name's Jeff. This forum was recommended by some random dude I met at a track day.

I'm a broke college student on a broke college student budget attempting to race competitively in 2015 in Redline Time Attack, Global Time Attack, as well as Targa Trophy's Super Track Series (newer competition series just because).

The car: Evo X GSR, 388awhp/360awtq, Road Race Engineering's Dynapack. Stock turbo, stock block, stock head, basic bolt-ons, E85, Ohlins Road & Track, Whiteline Sway Bars, Endlinks, RCK, 265/35 RS3's, APR GTC-300, no real front aero. 3380lbs w/ fuel w/o driver.

0 sponsors, no team, funded mostly by a $10/hr job. Completely out of budget for the next 4 months, so I guess this is how the car will sit unless some shop sponsor pops out of nowhere, *hint hint* RRE/FFTEC/Massimo Power/whoever else who might possibly be reading

Spent a few track days this year testing out the car (minus all the suspension and tire goodies) and doing driver mod, just had a first real shakedown last weekend at Streets of Willow with the current set-up,

SOW CW 1:24.284 (388awhp/360awtq, 3380 lbs w/o driver, 265/35/18 RS3's, 65*F) semi-crowded track.

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TreyzianPerformance

Treyzian Racing

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca 1:39.906 | Streets of Willow CW 1:24.032 | Auto Club Speedway Roval 1:51.038 | Buttonwillow 13CW 1:59.028

Comment

• Welcome Treyzian. Embrace broke. It comes with the car/track/racing hobby.
                      www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

• Thanks, and lol. Within 5 minutes of entering Irvine, I get state-ref'd for the second time. I really really really hate the cops here... There goes more money
                        Treyzian Racing

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca 1:39.906 | Streets of Willow CW 1:24.032 | Auto Club Speedway Roval 1:51.038 | Buttonwillow 13CW 1:59.028

Comment

• I used to get pulled over quite frequently for car mods when I was younger. Now that I'm 45, I just look like I'm driving my kid's car. I no longer look like a trouble maker.

Have fun with your fix-it tixckets. In a few decades you won't have the problem.

I'm an excellent driver.

Comment

• Originally posted by Treyzian View Post
                            Thanks, and lol. Within 5 minutes of entering Irvine, I get state-ref'd for the second time. I really really really hate the cops here... There goes more money
                            Get a Miata.
                            99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
                            '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Comment

• I want me some RRE!
                              Team Rambling Warrior Poet

RRE
                              Robispec
                              Girodisc
                              SCM
                              APR

Comment

• I haD my evo ix done at RRE as well...good guys...my cousin also used to work there ... I sort of miss my evo days...im just surrounded by mostly know it all bmw douches now. LOL
                                Last edited by slowsedan; 11-25-2014, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X