Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello! My name is Sue and I just found this site via some of the guys I do track days with. I have a modified 2013 Fiat Abarth that I autocross and track. It's a serious hobby, but I am not out to break any records. I have been "racing" for about 7 years now. The track I run the most is Spring Mountain. I have been to Big Willow and SOW as well. I usually run with the local Porsche club, but have run with SV and XS. Anyway, just thought I would introduce myself.

Sue in Vegas
    Regional Executive
    LVRSCCA

Comment

• Welcome, Sue! Be careful with that 500 Abarth. I have heard they have a tendency to roll . . .

Originally posted by Spedteacher View Post
      Hello! My name is Sue and I just found this site via some of the guys I do track days with. I have a modified 2013 Fiat Abarth that I autocross and track. It's a serious hobby, but I am not out to break any records. I have been "racing" for about 7 years now. The track I run the most is Spring Mountain. I have been to Big Willow and SOW as well. I usually run with the local Porsche club, but have run with SV and XS. Anyway, just thought I would introduce myself.

Sue in Vegas
      Regional Executive
      LVRSCCA
      The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
      1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
      2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
      2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

• Hello

Click image for larger version

Name:	StalkerMay2014-30.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.88 MB
ID:	229240Click image for larger version

Name:	Stalker rear side view.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	229241

Name: Mike B
        Experience : 10-15 track days only
        Car : Replica Lotus 7
        Just completed, looking forward to getting it on the track. LS3 powered, 1400 pounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spa Dog View Post
          LS3 powered, 1400 pounds.

Comment

Just completed, looking forward to getting it on the track. LS3 powered, 1400 pounds.
            . Wow!

You live right around the corner from me.

I might do a test day at Willow Springs on Friday the 20th.
            To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Comment

• Sounds great!

Originally posted by Olitho View Post
              . Wow!

You live right around the corner from me.

I might do a test day at Willow Springs on Friday the 20th.

Car is being delivered from St Pete, should be here by then, if not i will go next time.

I live in Dove and work in Irvine off Michelson,guess we are neighbors!

Comment

• Originally posted by flink View Post
                fyi

Stalker Kits for sale - Levels, Options, and Pricing | Brunton Auto

Comment

• Hi everyone,

I picked up a 2011 Z06 last year just to do a few track days a year and it's been an amazing experience so far.

Watching people's videos and lap times posted on here for my local tracks in NorCal: Thunderhill and Sonoma has not only been inspirational but also very critical in learning and improving myself. Seeing nice guys like Bill/RedTopz who are not only blinding fast but also very helpful (my PM's on corvette forum! ) and humble means a lot to a moving chicane just trying to go a little faster.

As of June 1st, I've done 6 track days, 4 at T Hill and 2 at Sears Point

I keep my car relatively stock except for a race seat and bushings since the seats on the Corvette are impressively bad. The car has tons of potential as is so I rather spend my money on tires and track days.

Thanks,
                  Robert.

Comment

Car is being delivered from St Pete, should be here by then, if not i will go next time.

I live in Dove and work in Irvine off Michelson,guess we are neighbors!
                    Another local here. I'm in RSM. I am going to Buttonwillow on the 28th and 29th. Would be nice to see that beast on track

Comment

• Originally posted by RobertR1 View Post
                      Hi everyone,

I picked up a 2011 Z06 last year just to do a few track days a year and it's been an amazing experience so far.

Watching people's videos and lap times posted on here for my local tracks in NorCal: Thunderhill and Sonoma has not only been inspirational but also very critical in learning and improving myself. Seeing nice guys like Bill/RedTopz who are not only blinding fast but also very helpful (my PM's on corvette forum! ) and humble means a lot to a moving chicane just trying to go a little faster.

As of June 1st, I've done 6 track days, 4 at T Hill and 2 at Sears Point

I keep my car relatively stock except for a race seat and bushings since the seats on the Corvette are impressively bad. The car has tons of potential as is so I rather spend my money on tires and track days.

Thanks,
                      Robert.
                      Welcome, Robert and Spa Dog.
                      www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

• Watch out for that redtopz guy - turn your back for half a minute and he's stolen your hacksaw!

Comment

• Originally posted by flink View Post
                          Watch out for that redtopz guy - turn your back for half a minute and he's stolen your hacksaw!
                          Or your track position!
                          To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Comment

• Hello Everybody!

I am Steven, and I have been racing SCCA SM with Cal Club for the last two years and am considering trying Super Miata as well. My wallet is not happy with thought of trying a second series.

Hope to meet all of you in person at some point.

Steven

Comment

• Welcome Steven.
                              99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
                              '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Comment

• Originally posted by Steven Champlin View Post
                                Hello Everybody!

I am Steven, and I have been racing SCCA SM with Cal Club for the last two years and am considering trying Super Miata as well. My wallet is not happy with thought of trying a second series.

Hope to meet all of you in person at some point.

Steven
                                Welcome Steven!
                                WWW.949RACING.COM
                                SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
                                But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Comment

Working...
                                X