Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No not as yet. Pretty daunting track, especially up over the mountain where there is a lot of vertical change, and lots of concrete walls to hit. The prod sports series races there, the 2 series I am doing do not.

I have done a 'parade lap' on it, closest I have been - was there for the 12 hour production race earlier this year - big deal, international teams from Mercedes, Audi, BMW, Ferrari, Porsche - I heard one Euro driver paid $50k just to be able to drive in it.

Here is a link to the 12 hour.

Comment

• And another.

Comment

• Originally posted by mazmad View Post
        Hi peeps. Have been lurking for a few weeks, thought I better say hi. Good to say the miata racing scene is strong in the US, I started racing mine here last year. HUGE learning curve but having a ball!!

edit....here being OZ / Sydney.
        Welcome to trackhq. Have you heard about SM (spec miata)? Do you guys have anything like SM over there?
        Team Rambling Warrior Poet

RRE
        Robispec
        Girodisc
        SCM
        APR

Comment

• Originally posted by Bueller View Post
          Welcome to trackhq. Have you heard about SM (spec miata)? Do you guys have anything like SM over there?
          Yes. It is called V8 Supercar.
          To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Comment

• Originally posted by mazmad View Post
            Hi peeps. Have been lurking for a few weeks, thought I better say hi. Good to say the miata racing scene is strong in the US, I started racing mine here last year. HUGE learning curve but having a ball!!

edit....here being OZ / Sydney.
            Do you guy's still eat lots of kidney pies?

Comment

• Originally posted by Loose Caboose View Post
              Do you guy's still eat lots of kidney pies?
              Isn't that England, not Australia?
              The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
              1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
              2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
              2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

• I thought it was Austria...

-Anthony
                1991 Miata - Trogdor SuperMiata
                2011 Ram 2500 - all the torque

Comment

• Originally posted by b3d3g1 View Post
                  I thought it was Austria...
                  They don't eat kidney pies in Austria, they eat Sacher Tortes . . .

1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
                  2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
                  2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

• mmm, pie.

Comment

• ^^^ Obviously, you have never eaten a Sachertorte . . .

Comment

• Never even heard of it. But I've had plenty of four-n-twenty pies at footy games. ISTR involuntarily wearing a couple of them, actually.

Comment

• ^^^

See linky Sachertorte - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pretty damn tasty . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by Richard EVO View Post
                            Isn't that England, not Australia?
                            Started in England, but used to be a popular "fast food." And may still be:

Steak & Kidney Pie™ - $5.00 : The Australian Bakery Cafe -, The BEST Aussie Meat Pies in America!

Steak and kidney pie recipe : SBS Food

Not to mention, baked beans on toast, Vegemite (fermented beer yeast paste) on toast, gallons of outstandingly fresh beer, and "Shandies" (beer and lemonade) for both "Sheilas" (girls) and Miata drivers (aka "puftas" - Aussie for gays).
                            Last edited by Loose Caboose; 05-31-2013, 06:59 PM.

Comment

• Hey, everyone, just joined up after lurking for a while. Have a track toy '99 Miata and run in Norcal. Glad to finally sign up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Loose Caboose View Post
                                Started in England, but used to be a popular "fast food." And may still be:

Steak & Kidney Pie™ - $5.00 : The Australian Bakery Cafe -, The BEST Aussie Meat Pies in America!

Steak and kidney pie recipe : SBS Food

Not to mention, baked beans on toast, Vegemite (fermented beer yeast paste) on toast, gallons of outstandingly fresh beer, and "Shandies" (beer and lemonade) for both "Sheilas" (girls) and Miata drivers (aka "puftas" - Aussie for gays).
                                I think I just lost my lunch
                                If nothing happens and there is no one around why did it not happen?

Comment

Working...
                                X