This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome.
    It looks like the exhaust stream of the car in front is enough to cool down the SE30's

Moti
    Moti

Blackbird Fabworx - Quality Performance Fabrication

Comment

• Welcome guys!
      www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

• Originally posted by suki101 View Post
        So I should have done this before I first posted but;

Name: Brendon Short
        Current Cars: 2005 T2 G35, 1975 VW Scirocco, 1988 VW Jetta GLI, 1971 Ford Capri,2008 Land Rover LR2, 1998 Volvo V70R
        Home Track: Buttonwillow

I've been around Motorsports all my life. I spent my childhood at RIR, Willowsprings, Holt Ville, Carlsbad, Buttonwillow, Laguna Seca.... Then in 1988 My father started racing with Cal Club in a 1970 ITB Ford Capri wining a few championships in the process. I've been doing HPDE's since 2000 in various cars. I got my SCCA regional license in 2005, driving a 1975 VW Scirocco; raced off and on until 2007 and took 3 years off. In 2010 I got my regional license again, driving a 2005 G35; I was fortunate enough to win the 2010 Cal Club T2 regional championship. I need more seat time in the current car and like most on this board if I could race cars for a living I would . I'm always at Buttonwillow, mainly because the racecar is stored there, so if you see the car parked outside the shop feel free to come by and say hi, hang out, or if you need a hand or space to fix some damage I'll be more than happy to help.

2005:
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]4672[/ATTACH]
        2010:
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]4673[/ATTACH]
        Hi Brendon. Hi Greg.
        To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Comment

• Dodge fan that has been driving road courses for the past 4 years, also enjoy karting and rally. My current track cars are:

1) World Challenge SRT-4

2) Viper ACR - EMP - Viper Club - SSG ACR - Dec 2011 - YouTube

3) Honda S2000 - EMP - S2000 - June 2011 - YouTube
          06 AP2, CR suspension, track wheels are 17x9 with 255 RS3s, needing aero next.

4) Easykart - 125cc tag

5) ChumpCar Z32 - EMP - LMZ32 - August 2011 - YouTube

WC SRT-4 lap times:
          Road Atlanta - 1:35.1 - Road Atlanta - NARRA - WC SRT-4 - Feb 2011 - YouTube
          Sebring 2:24 - Sebring - NARRA - WC SRT-4 - May 2011 - YouTube
          VIR 2:06 - VIR - NARRA - WC SRT-4 - July 2011 - YouTube
          Roebling 1:18 - Roebling Road - PCA - WC SRT-4 - Dec 2011 - YouTube

I have also driven CMP, Daytona, Barber, PBIR, and some local tracks. Raced with Chumpcar at Sebring, Road Atlanta, PBIR, Daytona, and planning to run VIR next.

-David

Comment

• Welcome David, I'm guessing you live somewhere back east?
            99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
            '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Comment

• Originally posted by Red_5 View Post
              Welcome David, I'm guessing you live somewhere back east?
              Thanks,
              Gainesville, Fl.

Comment

• Hi David,

My name is Brett Becker. I own the site. I live in Southern Cal now, but I thought you might enjoy knowing I lived in Altamonte Springs for 20 years, and attended UCF. So, be sure to tell your racing buddies about TrackHQ. We'd love to have more guys from the Southeast on the site.

Welcome!
                www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

• Originally posted by ucfbrett View Post
                  Hi David,

My name is Brett Becker. I own the site. I live in Southern Cal now, but I thought you might enjoy knowing I lived in Altamonte Springs for 20 years, and attended UCF. So, be sure to tell your racing buddies about TrackHQ. We'd love to have more guys from the Southeast on the site.

Welcome!
                  Cool, I am a UF grad, will let my buddies at the track know about the site.

Comment

• I have been to a few Gator games at the Swamp. Always a good time. What did you study at UF?
                    www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

• Originally posted by ucfbrett View Post
                      I have been to a few Gator games at the Swamp. Always a good time. What did you study at UF?
                      Mechanical Engineering

Comment

• That explains the three cars and the kart. Nice. Again, welcome.
                        www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

• Hello!

My name is Chris. I found out about this site a few months ago, thought I would come join the fun!

I own a few Subaru's, 95 Impreza Base for dd, 95 Impreza L with full 00 Impreza 2.5 Rs swap for rallyx / soon to be staged rally, and a 07 Impreza STi for the weekends...

I may have met some of you guys at willow springs.

Comment

• I was introduced into HPDE's by friends when I bought a BMW E39 540i as my daily driver a few years back. I tracked it twice and then realized I needed a proper, dedicated track car. I bought a 1996 E36 M3 and with the help of one of my best friends made it into a track car. He is now the crew chief and co-driver. We are about an hour and a half from
                            New Jersey Motorsports Park and drive there on DelVal BMW CCA track days and Joey G./VAC Open Track Days. Have also driven The Glen, Summit Point Jefferson and Main and
                            Pocono North Course. My first track experience was on The Ring a few years ago. I am looking forward to learning from the group, contributing when I can and most importantly
                            meeting many of you on the track. My aspiration is to get a race license...... Cheers all!!.... Dave aka dfgdave

Comment

• ^^^ welcome. E36 M3 is a great track car. Have big fun!"
                              The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
                              1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
                              2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
                              2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by dfgdave View Post
                                I was introduced into HPDE's by friends when I bought a BMW E39 540i as my daily driver a few years back. I tracked it twice and then realized I needed a proper, dedicated track car. I bought a 1996 E36 M3 and with the help of one of my best friends made it into a track car. He is now the crew chief and co-driver. We are about an hour and a half from
                                New Jersey Motorsports Park and drive there on DelVal BMW CCA track days and Joey G./VAC Open Track Days. Have also driven The Glen, Summit Point Jefferson and Main and
                                Pocono North Course. My first track experience was on The Ring a few years ago. I am looking forward to learning from the group, contributing when I can and most importantly
                                meeting many of you on the track. My aspiration is to get a race license...... Cheers all!!.... Dave aka dfgdave

Hi Dave,

I'm originally from the 'burbs of Philadelphia, Chalfont, to be exact. What town do you live in?
                                www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

Working...
                                X