New AIM Solo 2 announced !!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bellwilliam View Post

I can't get mine to pick up ANYTHING from C5 z06. I've tried over 10 ECU definitions. let me know which one you guys used if you got it working. thanks.
    I recommend working with the AiM techs in the Lake Elsinore area. They also come to some of the races on weekends. They can put together a make-shift definition, but it won't collect a whole lot I presume.

I also drove with my AiM Solo DL to the track, but it lost a lot of charge. I have mine set to turn on automatically when I go over 8 MPH. I presume it turned on and drained on the way to the track. I don't have verification of this presumption though.

To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Comment

• I thought the battery thing is a fluke. Charged it on Monday night. set it aside on Tuesday. Turned it on today. it was out of battery and turn itself off !!!
      S1 Supermiata - 220whp
      13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
      17 GT350R
      03 Miata Club Sport
      96 NSX
      06 EVO MR
      15 Mini Cooper S
      Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

• I called AiM on Friday. They don't have any support at this time for the C5 ECU and it does not sound like they are planning on it. They said they can't read the C5 ECU in any accurate way. They did not elaborate why.

We did hook up my RPM wire for the Solo 2 DL to the square wave wire going to my cluster RPM gauge. I have power hardwired into my car. This weekend I ran it at BRP and the Solo 2 DL stayed powered up as expected and the shift lights worked well. The new display is also easier to read, especially the lap counter which I like for reference when racing.

I had a problem to with the RPM gauge showing twice the actual RPM. A quick call to Mark at Iron Canyon Motorsports and that was resolved.
        To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Comment

• Tried it again. Loaded latest firmware (new one came out on 6/22/18). Charged it fully on Saturday. It is dead Monday morning. Mine must be broken, sending it to AIM to get it fixed.

Mr. Carson tried it and said his dropped 10% battery per day.
          S1 Supermiata - 220whp
          17 GT350R
          03 Miata Club Sport
          96 NSX
          06 EVO MR
          15 Mini Cooper S
          Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

• update:

Mr. Carson now states it lost all the charges in 4 days while OFF.

I sent my Solo 2 DL back to AIM, as it was obviously defective, as it lasts just 3 days from fully charged to empty while "off". AIM said they couldn't find anything wrong, but replaced the battery anyway.

charged it up Friday evening. it wouldn't turn on this morning..... it is now worse, won't last 2 days on a full charge while being turned off.

Last edited by bellwilliam; 07-02-2018, 10:21 AM.
            S1 Supermiata - 220whp
            17 GT350R
            03 Miata Club Sport
            96 NSX
            06 EVO MR
            15 Mini Cooper S
            Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

• Originally posted by Olitho View Post

I recommend working with the AiM techs in the Lake Elsinore area. They also come to some of the races on weekends. They can put together a make-shift definition, but it won't collect a whole lot I presume.

I also drove with my AiM Solo DL to the track, but it lost a lot of charge. I have mine set to turn on automatically when I go over 8 MPH. I presume it turned on and drained on the way to the track. I don't have verification of this presumption though.

Solo DL's (and I don't see why DL2's would either) have never supported the C5 Corvettes. I investgated this heavily when the Solo's originally came out, because I also own a C5.

As for BATTERY LIFE, make sure you setup wifi to "auto" otherwise the wifi is constantly on and will drain the SoloDL2 battery quick. I would actually just turn off Wifi completely, and turn it on when you need it. When set to "Auto" the wifi kicks on when the car is brought to a stop. Not quit sure how it discerns that, besides no movement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martini View Post
                Agreed with all of the above. Especially hate the battery life.

RS3 is indeed a joke, it's only used to launch the old RS2 Analysis software.
                RS3 is primarily for configuration of dashes and loggers, but I suspect will eventually integrate data analysis software for a complete package, including viewing data WITH SmartyCam video, like the Motec software.

Make sure you turn off the wifi or set it to "Auto"

Comment

• Originally posted by WillM View Post
                  I have been trying to figure this out too, with the same intention of using an AnalogX for a few inputs, and the direct RPM connection for RPM. Unfortunately, it doesn't work. At least the current version of RS3 does not allow the RPM channel to be active if an ECU connection is present. I created a CAN profile for the AnalogX and loaded it as an ECU. This deactivated the RPM channel in the "Channels" tab. If I try to activate it, the following error message appears:

"Sorry to configure this channel you have to disable the ECU Stream"

CRAP!

Question becomes - is there a CAN converter that accepts digital/speed/RPM inputs...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11622[/ATTACH]

Thanks for this information, though NOT what I wanted to hear. Yes, I have been looking for the RPM CAN converter. You out there AutoSportsLabs?

Comment

• Is there a way to write a "math channel" that calculates your gear based on GPS Speed and RPM? I would love to be able to do this for gear-specific shift lights?

Comment

• Here is a video of a Texas enthusiasist that has successfully run the AutoSportsLab AnalogX on the SoloDL2.
                      https://youtu.be/CBcDus0gZ-0

Details here: https://www.trackjunkies.org/topic/6...dl-2/?p=106897

Comment

• my wifi is set to "auto". but don't think that would matter in the case of vampire drain. battery is draining even when Solo 2 DL is turned off.
                        S1 Supermiata - 220whp
                        17 GT350R
                        03 Miata Club Sport
                        96 NSX
                        06 EVO MR
                        15 Mini Cooper S
                        Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

• Agreed.

My Solo 2 looses around 5% of battery life a day when it's turned off. Is that the case for everyone?

Comment

• Update!! Yesterday AIM released a new version of firmware for the Solo2 and SoloDL2 that addresses the consumption issue while the unit is powered OFF. Please update your Solo's to FW version 2.22.81 to resolve the problem.

Comment

Working...
                            X