Forum Top Advertisment

Collapse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The stats are in. We hit a new benchmark of 20,000 plus unique visitors in January!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-02-11 at 3.18.41 PM.png
Views:	1
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	235960
    www.TrackHQ.com

Name:	taylor-20000-leagues-under-the-sea.jpg
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	228905

Sorry, I could not resist...(I actually tried)

BID

Comment

Huh... seems kinda dead this month so far but the numbers disagree.

Comment

I bet all 20,000 are male.....
        S1 Supermiata - 220whp
        13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
        17 GT350R
        03 Miata Club Sport
        96 NSX
        06 EVO MR
        15 Mini Cooper S
        Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

Do we know which country the numbers are coming from? Or broken down by states.
          Zhong (Evo IX) | Angry Panda Racing

1:53.396 @ BRP CW13 - 11/14/13
          1:47.2xx @ Laguna Seca - 11/28/10
          2:03.026 @ Thill CCW Bypass - 12/20/14
          2:05.100 @ CVR CCW - 1/16/11
          1:58.151 @ CVR CW - 5/5/13
          1:25.56x @ WSIR - 10/13/13
          1:23.128 @ SOW CW - 7/27/14
          1:22.2xx @ SOW CCW - 7/26/14
          1:46.0xx @ ACS Roval - 11/23/14
          1:11.299 @ ACS Infield - 5/18/14

Fastest Limited/Mod Class Evo in Time Attack at WSIR
          2nd Fastest Limited/Mod Class Evo in Time Attack at BRP 13CW

Comment

Congrats!
            The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
            1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
            2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
            2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

All the old people with alzheimer's suddenly remembered our domain was registered as a pr0n site back in the day...
              Do you understand?

Comment

Originally posted by bellwilliam View Post
                I bet all 20,000 are male.....
                That particular "smiley" icon is so seldom applicable. Glad you found a use for it.
                www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

But none are as unique as our beloved The Sheriff.
                  To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Pure EvoIX View Post
                    Do we know which country the numbers are coming from? Or broken down by states.

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-02-11 at 6.22.33 PM.png
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	228909
                    www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

Originally posted by Olitho View Post
                      But none are as unique as our beloved The Sheriff.
                      Politics aside, I love you my sweet baby Oli . . .
                      The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
                      1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
                      2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
                      2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

Originally posted by ucfbrett View Post
                        That particular "smiley" icon is so seldom applicable. Glad you found a use for it.
                        This is the first time I've seen it (or noticed it). It's kind of appalling and hilarious at the same time.
                        1990 S2 SuperMiata

Comment

Congrats! Now about that mobile app ...

Comment

I'm certain it was my Corvette cocktail joke. Certain of it.
                            Jack Olsen - 1972 Porsche 911
                            What? An awesome video about me and my car
                            My Corner-By-Corner Guide to Willow Springs
                            My Two-Car Garage's Very Own Website

Comment

Huge in China, apparently.

EDIT: OK so I've been thinking about these traffic stats, specifically the popularity in China.

I work at an online media company whose reputation rides on separating bogus from legit traffic. There are many ways to do this, but one is to filter out traffic that fits certain criteria. Examples include:

-Visits from a large group of very closely related IP addresses
                              -Server calls that are far too frequent for any human to be clicking
                              -Visits from Ukraine

What caught my eye was that traffic from some of the notoriously shady geos (China, Poland, Ukraine) have a nearly 1/1 relationship between Hits and Page Views. This means the "visitor" is calling a page and then almost immediately closing it -- before most of the page elements can load. HTML, graphics, css, ads, avatars, etc., each of these is a hit. Why would so many visitors close the page before any of these elements loaded? Not normal human behavior. Can't speak for everyone, but I know I'm here for the zany emoticons.

Look at the stats from English-speaking geos like US, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, even Germany. Hits/PV ratio is anywhere from 5/1 to 10/1 or more. Not sure what's up with Finland (those guys are crazy) and the French are beyond explanation.

Anyway, this leads me to believe the majority of traffic from China and Ukraine, specifically, is bots. They may be calling only the basic HTML looking for email addresses, phone numbers, SSN, addresses, things of that nature ... then immediately closing the page and moving on to the next.

Now, I don't bring this up to be a killjoy. There's no avoiding shady traffic altogether, but it's worth investigating. There are many solutions for site security and integrity. And -- hey -- why pay for bots' bandwidth?

I don't claim to be an expert in the ways of the Web. Far from it. If I were, I'd be driving Lamborghinis in Monte Carlo instead of tapping away at a keyboard in Pasadena. Would love for someone who knows more than I to explain how I'm wrong.
                              Last edited by agershon; 02-12-2014, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X