Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pop Up Ads?

Brett -

What's with the new, tall pop-up ads on the right side of the screen? Pretty annoying, and they stretch posts vertically beyond belief.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

I've been seeing pop-up ads all over the internet a lot more lately. Usually Firefox is pretty good at cutting down on pop-up ads, but I've noticed all kinds of ads, my browser opening up ads in a new tab when I click a link, ads all over every YouTube video...

Edit: I just saw the ones on the right you're talking about. They sure are annoying and mess up the layout

Comment

It looks like a small, square ad on the first post, and a tall, rectangular ad on the last post of each page in every thread, but no ads otherwise. Annoying, but I can live with that. Lotus Talk is a good example of how not to do ads. I hate visiting that forum.
      2001 MR2-Eleven
      Experience Points: 21
      Youtube Channel.

Comment

i dont see any ads on chrome with adblocker
        Last edited by azngotmilk; 07-26-2013, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard EVO View Post
          Brett -

What's with the new, tall pop-up ads on the right side of the screen? Pretty annoying, and they stretch posts vertically beyond belief.
          There goes the neighborhood . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by azngotmilk View Post
            i dont see any ads on chrome with adblocker
            Yeah. 10 seconds fiddling with adblock plus: there, gone, poof.

Comment

Originally posted by flink View Post
              Yeah. 10 seconds fiddling with adblock plus: there, gone, poof.
              Thanks for the advice, guys. Adblock killed those annoying pop-ups.
              The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
              1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
              2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
              2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

At the moment I'm on my iPhone and only Richard's posts have ads next to them . . .
                99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
                '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Comment

The first goal of this site is for it to be a gathering place and a resource for track-day and racing enthusiasts. After that, it is important that it generate revenue. I have signed up with Digital Throttle, an ad aggregator that specializes in matching up advertisers with sites that feature automotive-related content.

I dislike pop-ups as much as anyone, but I was kind of surprised they resulted from the html coding I inserted. I was expecting the ads in posts and different places, so I'm glad to hear you guys can get around the pop ups.
                  www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

I have installed Mozilla add-on "DoNotTrackMe" from abine and most of the ads are gone,everywhere.I wish someone told me earlier.

Comment

Working...
                    X