No easy way to see latest posts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No easy way to see latest posts

I'm trying Brett. On mobile, I don't see any simple view that displays the latest post and more importantly, their time stamp. Once I have searched for latest activity and viewed the post, there is no one click "back" to view the next most recent activity. It takes you back to the home page. Then another cumbersome, click, drop down click, click...all blind because we can't see if it's the same post we saw yesterday or something new.

While the new site looks cleaner, it doesn't acommodate the way most of us actually use it. At all.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
    But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

I've been using the "New Topics" link on the top left. It shows up unread threads and I'm able to go back to an updated list after viewing one topic.
    -Anthony
    1991 Miata - Trogdor SuperMiata
    2011 Ram 2500 - all the torque
    2016 Kawasaki Versys 650LT - commuter

Comment

Emilio is right. I use "Today's Posts," but what i really want is a view that shows X number of threads (maybe 20 or whatever fits, with a next button that sends you to the next X threads), sorted by the timestamp of the latest post within that thread. That should probably be the first thing you see at Trackhq.com too, since that seems to be how people use the site. Thanks for putting the time into the site -- just trying to help.
      2002 Porsche 911 Targa
      1967 GTV
      1991 Mazda SuperMiata - Junior
      2008 350z - Sold

FastInFastOut.com

Comment

How come the statistics still show "likes" but you can't like anything? I miss the likes. It helps me know when to shut up.

Comment

The "new topics" doesn't work. Second link was a thread last replied a week ago. This thread was nowhere. That's sorted by "latest reply".

Also just noticed that all my thread subscriptions from before the change, are gone.

Right now is like your favorite bar moving the unmarked entrance to the other side of the building and not telling anyone or posting signs.
          Last edited by emilio700; 07-17-2018, 11:24 PM.
          WWW.949RACING.COM
          SuperMiata

Comment

Originally posted by fatbillybob View Post
            How come the statistics still show "likes" but you can't like anything? I miss the likes. It helps me know when to shut up.

Comment

I'm sorry you're having problems. I switched because I was getting a lot of negative feedback about not being able to easily post photos and videos. Hell, I couldn't even post photos within the thread.

On a mobile device and a desktop, use the "Lates Activity" button between the "Forums" and "My Subscriptions."

I am continuing to work with my IT guy on tweaks and changes to make things smoother.
              www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

Fixed. Also you guys should be able to like and see likes now.

Comment

Yay!
                  WWW.949RACING.COM
                  SuperMiata

Comment

Awesome, well done!
                    99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
                    '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Comment

It's not working exactly how I'd like it, for some reason the vbulletin people like to show the OP rather than the lastest poster, but I figure this should be a massive improvement over what we had.

Comment

Test

Comment

I see the test Rob
                          99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
                          '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Comment

Been playing with the custom JSON queries. It looks like the "view":"activity" option should do what I'd like, but there's a bug/feature where topics that are older than x days get filtered out even though the reply is younger than x days. So if I turn that on, posts to old topics would never get seen.

Some folks asked on the vbulletin forums for what I'd had in mind, and the vbulletin devs didn't have a good answer for them.

The mixed presentation of OP and recent replies may be the best option of the standard vbulletin options. It's a shame they didn't do a better job anticipating what their clients would want.
                            Last edited by robburgoon; 09-22-2018, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X