2013 Annual Enduro, TT/Race at buttonwillow with AROSC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Annual Enduro, TT/Race at buttonwillow with AROSC

Hello everyone. We are posting this to help gain interest on our annual enduro TT/Race at buttonwillow. This is the 9th year for running the enduro at this event and we want to make it the best so far. We run this at the end of the day after our regular TT/Race events are completed.

If any certified and qualified racers are ready please email us at marketing@arosc.org and we can answer any questions you may have. All cars must be full race ready as well as the driver.

The date for this event is sat June 15th starting at around 5PM. The cost of this event is $115.00 for about 2 hrs of non stop track time. We do allow pit stops and driver changes while the track is hot. We do have a set of rules for drivers, crew, pit stops, and anything general that involves the event. You can find the enduro rules at the following link, http://aroschpd.org/events/2013/jun2013_bw_enduro.pdf.

If you are not race certified or do not have a car the meets the race requirements but you meet the TT or HPDE requirements then we still have groups you can run in. Weather you are new, intermediate, or advanced come join us. The cost for these groups are also $115.00 for the day. Go to AROSC Buttonwillow Jun 2013 and check out the specific event information. If you want to know more about arosc we can be found at AROSCHPD.ORG, all group information, specific driver and car info can be found here.

If you are interested and meet all the qualifications you can register on motorsportreg.com at the following link, AROSC Racing, Time Trials, HPDE announces Buttonwillow AROSC TT/Race/Enduro Saturday, Jun 15 — Sunday, Jun 16, 2013 info at Buttonwillow Raceway, Buttonwillow, CA 93206 (2622) - MotorsportReg.com

Hope to see some new faces at the track.

Course configuration? The map looks like 1A which I haven't run in maybe 5 years.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
    But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Comment

ARSOC is a great club where I got my first race license. There are many miatas running in this club now as Alfas are getting rare and a headache to run vs. bulletproof miatas. I think a representative from 949Racing should do the enduro in a miata and show those boys how it is done.

Comment

Racing an enduro in an Alfa hardly seems fair.

Comment

I might be running this event in our "$500" chump Miata. Newly configured. A good shake down.
          S1 Supermiata - 220whp
          13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
          17 GT350R
          03 Miata Club Sport
          96 NSX
          06 EVO MR
          15 Mini Cooper S
          Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

I have always wanted a GTV. They aren't fast by modern standards, but they are cool . . .
            The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
            1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
            2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
            2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

^ +1.
              I just love the 60's GTVs.
              The 80's models are meh and the 90's are WWD so that's off the list.
              Moti

Blackbird Fabworx - Quality Performance Fabrication

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbird View Post
                ^ +1.
                I just love the 60's GTVs.
                The 80's models are meh and the 90's are WWD so that's off the list.
                I think the ones from the early 70's were the best, before smog controls.

1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
                2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
                2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

Originally posted by fatbillybob View Post
                  There are many miatas running in this club now as Alfas are getting rare and a headache to run vs. bulletproof miatas.
                  There is a Pantera Club that runs a couple of open track days each year at WSIR big track. The last time I ran with them, I think there was only one Pantera out of about 60 cars. There is a photograph of them and their cars on the east wall of the Paddock Diner in their heyday, when all the cars at the events were Panteras.

Comment

You sure that you didn't just get the Pantera club wrong?

Maybe you thought it's this one -

When it was actually this one -

Just sayin'..
                    Moti

Blackbird Fabworx - Quality Performance Fabrication

Comment

^^^ Alejandro de Tomaso didn't like American country music played by hicks with long hair and electric guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by fatbillybob View Post
                        ARSOC is a great club where I got my first race license. There are many miatas running in this club now as Alfas are getting rare and a headache to run vs. bulletproof miatas. I think a representative from 949Racing should do the enduro in a miata and show those boys how it is done.
                        Hey Carl, yes we are a great club to run with and yes alfas are sparse. The economy sure doesn't help much either. As you aware we are no contact club and if it happens we deal with it accordingly.

In the last school we did have a few 949 guys show up for race and in the beginning they were a little abrupt, but once they learned some patience they ended up being front runners. We would love to have them come run with us. We are very focused on safety both personal and car, we don't want to see anyone get hurt, we are here for fun for the most part but yet we all still have a competitive spirit.

This enduro is a points race like all the others so it does count toward year end awards. We typically get between 10-15 cars for this but would love to see 20+ cars on track.

Again, if anyone has questions please reach out and we will get them answered.

There are various models of cars from Porsche, Toyota mr2, Mazda rx7, mustangs, miata, and I think we will have a formula Mazda this year. As long as your car is race prepared with cage, 5 or 6 point harness and verifiable race experience come on out.

Hope to see a bunch of new cars and faces entered.

Comment

Questions:

1. What track configure ?
                          2. How many drivers for enduro ? 2nd driver allowed ? How much extra ?
                          3. The price include sprint race ? If not, how much more for the sprint ?
                          4. Can we show up just for enduro ? What time ?
                          S1 Supermiata - 220whp
                          13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
                          17 GT350R
                          03 Miata Club Sport
                          96 NSX
                          06 EVO MR
                          15 Mini Cooper S
                          Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalAlfa View Post
                            Hey Carl, yes we are a great club to run with and yes alfas are sparse. The economy sure doesn't help much either. As you aware we are no contact club and if it happens we deal with it accordingly.

In the last school we did have a few 949 guys show up for race and in the beginning they were a little abrupt, but once they learned some patience they ended up being front runners. We would love to have them come run with us. We are very focused on safety both personal and car, we don't want to see anyone get hurt, we are here for fun for the most part but yet we all still have a competitive spirit.

This enduro is a points race like all the others so it does count toward year end awards. We typically get between 10-15 cars for this but would love to see 20+ cars on track.

Again, if anyone has questions please reach out and we will get them answered.

There are various models of cars from Porsche, Toyota mr2, Mazda rx7, mustangs, miata, and I think we will have a formula Mazda this year. As long as your car is race prepared with cage, 5 or 6 point harness and verifiable race experience come on out.

Hope to see a bunch of new cars and faces entered.
                            Yep. "Gentleman racing" not modern wheel to wheel. Not sure if it's still the case, but before you were able to race without door bars, so it's vital that everyone works together to prevent contact. That and fixing old cars usually isn't cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by bellwilliam View Post
                              I might be running this event in our "$500" chump Miata. Newly configured. A good shake down.
                              If you are going to do a shakedown and need some help maybe I can show up pour gas or something. I would like to learn about enduro but don't want to be the rookie who screws up an important win like T25 you guys do. I'm not keen on driving since it is hotter than blazes out there. I could probably be convinced to do some driving if I don't pass out from the heat.

Sometimes I wear my "coolshirt" in January!

The event is on motorsportsreg and that may answer lots of the posed questions.

Comment

Working...
                              X